ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 brake probs

RenaultSport clio 18
hello.

some times when i brake, the car just carrys on going and hardley stops luckly there has not been any car in front of me. does ony1 no what this cud be as it only does it sometimes.

plus i am thinking on uprating my brakes what do u think to ebc drillled and grooved disks with ebc green stuff pads?????????

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Are your brakes standard?
Does it happen when your brakes are cold?
Are the roads slippy?
Is the ESP light flashing on the dash or can you feel the pedal pulsing?

RenaultSport clio 18
my brake s are standard... when i have bean driving 4 about half hour or so.... the roads are normal and i put my foot on the brake and u can sort of feel it pressing and not working if u no what i mean and no lights come on. but it aint the abs i no what that feels like

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
[FONT=&quot]Have you been thrashing it and using the brakes heavily, could just be brake fade, standared brake/pad combo's are crap...
[/FONT]

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Not sure in your case TBH. Its happened to me a couple of times but its when the brakes have been cold or fading from too much abuse.

106 GTi
Not another one, there has been a few threads about this. Happened to me on sat. Do they get any better when warm?

mate..

my 182 brakes were amazing when i bought the car. after about 4/5 months they began to get s**t and in some cases, dangerous.

anyway, spent 90 quid on soem ds2500 brake pads, not much better.

its now in at renault in the morning to get checked over.

never really seen any 182 brake problem threads up here till a couple of months ago when everyones seemed to be not working?!

Boxster S
I only get 3-4 'good stops' in my 182 and after that its just dangerous!

I'd certainly be interested in getting some uprated brake discs and pads, its just a case of working out the best combo I suppose!

i can tell straight away theyre going to say '' its because you have performance pads''

so i think im going to have to fork out on some new discs and new pads before they will look at anything else..servo/caliper/etc

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
r-jay said:
Mine seemed the opposite to 3 or 4 hard uses to get them to work.

Same for me aswell. Mine are still performing pretty well even though they are fairly worn so I'm definately getting stndard disks and pads next time.

dk

911 GTS Cab
how about changing or uprating your brake fluid, mine were crap after a year and i had the fluid changed (it was cooked) and they were back to the same again!

BMW M3
So far ive changed brake fluid, put some new ds2500's in and am about to stick some sort of grooved discs on while i'm at it, and so far seem pretty good, although not had to brake sharply yet.

Turbo Beige
Mine went really bad after about 12K, to the point that an emergency stop good be timed on a sun dial. Ferodo pads, new discs, goodridge hoses and new fluid sorted them out and they are now 100x better!!!