ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Bonnet Switch

182 BG
Morning all,

Lying in bed wide awake as the b*stard car alarm has been going off all night on my 182! Noticed it doesn't have a bonnet switch so wondering if the lack of one of these is an issue?

Anyway, does anybody have the Part Number for the switch so that I can get one ordered from Renault asap and hopefully get this sorted!

Alternatively, would a CLIP provide any diagnostic clues?

Cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Has it ever had a bonnet switch ? Mines an Import so had no alarm fitted as standard . I have an aftermarket Toad alarm which doesn't have a bonnet switch . Does yours have the little red led down next to the gear stick ? Thats where they put them when they fitted the alarms .

182 BG
I'm presuming so as there was a loose wire/connector hanging down in the bonnet that was labelled Sigma. I've since taped it up to stop any moisture getting in. Yes, it's got the LED down by the Gear Stick.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm presuming so as there was a loose wire/connector hanging down in the bonnet that was labelled Sigma. I've since taped it up to stop any moisture getting in. Yes, it's got the LED down by the Gear Stick.
Ahhhh right . It was just a thought . Maybe the lack of bonnet switch is the problem then .

182 BG
I'm hoping so! Going to try and order one today, rule that one out. Failing that then I'll move on to the boot sensor! Something's playing up somewhere, as I got the three beeps last night to indicate something was still open!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've seen people have problems with the standard alarms before . I'm not sure if there is a guide somewhere ? Or maybe if you have search about swapping the wires over for the sensors inside the car to make it less sensitive . I've definitely seen this talked about before as a cure for false alarms .

182 BG
Yeah, I've seen the guide. I'll order some new sensors and have a fiddle about with the wires at the weekend, see how I get on!
Thanks for your help so far!

BG 182
My car is the same and the alarms goes off after 30 seconds of it being activated. I now have to lock with passenger door manual method until I can get it sorted. Please let us know if you resolve this and how. (the bonnet switch is unplugged on mine too)

182 BG
My car is the same and the alarms goes off after 30 seconds of it being activated. I now have to lock with passenger door manual method until I can get it sorted. Please let us know if you resolve this and how. (the bonnet switch is unplugged on mine too)

I'm going to have to use the Manual method tonight until I get chance to take a proper look at the weekend. Hopefully be able to come back with some further information!