ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 beats Cup.....

Golf GTI Ed30

...According to Evo mag! Bought it today, nice Hot hatch test in it.

Has the 182 0-100 in 17.5, where as the Cup they tested was 17.7 :confused:

Need to be meeting one on the road me thinks. :devilish: Although drove one on monday and was quite impressed to be honest, especially with the handling (had Cup pack on it to). Bigger kick at 5000 rpm than the 172 IMHO...

What are your thoughts chaps???

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I got Evo mag today,nice article,i also got Car mag as well,another good article.

In both mags the 182 comes out tops. :) This 182/172/cup malarkey is a bit much to be honest.If we were talking about rival car makes then ok but they are all Renaults and you are talking a knats knackers difference between them all.Driven perfectly by the same guy then ok there is a slight difference but in reality it doesnt work like that.Get in the fastest and give Tiff the slowest,hed have you for breakfast.:p

Its nice to see the Renaults kicking other makes asses though ;)

Me thinks we will be seeing more of the 182 in the next year or so in the mags when the C2 Vts,Fiesta Rs,Colt 200 bhp ? etc rear their heads...will the 182 still be tops then ???:confused:

Of course,easy peasy lemon squeezy !!

Elise/VX220/R26

yawn. 182 IS better than any 172. FFS if it isnt then heads would be rolling at renno. Its evolution, deal with it!

Quote: Originally posted by Vtec Abuser on 03 March 2004

...According to Evo mag! Bought it today, nice Hot hatch test in it.

Has the 182 0-100 in 17.5, where as the Cup they tested was 17.7 :confused:

Need to be meeting one on the road me thinks. :devilish: Although drove one on monday and was quite impressed to be honest, especially with the handling (had Cup pack on it to). Bigger kick at 5000 rpm than the 172 IMHO...

What are your thoughts chaps???

We all know there are wide variations in power outputs of 172s/cups and I bet 182s, so we really need to get a few along to york/crail and see what they can do.

whispers did autocar not test the Cup at 16.9:D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I only joined a couple of weeks ago ish and cant believe the rivalry between people and their cars. Its excellent! ;)

Golf GTI Ed30

Bloody hell lads calm down. It was only a valid question as I was a little suprised myself. But then again this is Cliosport, ive forgot how petty it can get sometimes....

dk

911 GTS Cab

this is scasrey, i have de ja vu, I am sure I have read the last three comments before about a month ago and its scaring me!

lol!

Man the difference is so bloody small its all down to driver error anyways!!!

each has their own unique feature which makes it a nicer car! if ur that worried about having a 172 coz its slower then the 182 then all uve got to do to match it is change the exhaust system and manifold lol.

I test drove the 182 on Monday. I was not too impressed.

the bloke in the dealers said it had awsome performance. Felt a bit soft to me. He was gutted when I wasnt too keen.

I invited him to take my Cup up the road after the test drive and he nearly mailto:s@1t">s@1t himself.

I think I will live without air-con and two exhausts and save myself a tidy packet and have a better drivers car.

They offered me £2500 trade in after settlement and the monthly figure would go up from £180 to £300!

They wanted £450 mnth for Megane 225 (which needs a lot of extras to make it worthwhile) total figure with finance was £22800!!!! This is decent 2nd hand BMW 330ci territory!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by compocup on 04 March 2004

I test drove the 182 on Monday. I was not too impressed.

the bloke in the dealers said it had awsome performance. Felt a bit soft to me. He was gutted when I wasnt too keen.

I invited him to take my Cup up the road after the test drive and he nearly mailto:s@1t">s@1t himself.

Was it a non sports suspension specced one?

Mine is stiffer than a cup but its damping is improved so it may give the illusion of being softer.

If your concern is performance its not worth even considering getting a 182 if you already have a cup.

Yes it was a non sports susension specced one.

Brakes were good though! and CD player!

I think the engine needed loosening up - it only had about 800miles on it. I know from experience that it would improve.

It felt like it had a bigger power band at about 4500rpm but it felt pretty lifeless up to this. It may have been a dud!?

220bhp octy VRS

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 03 March 2004

yawn. 182 IS better than any 172. FFS if it isnt then heads would be rolling at renno. Its evolution, deal with it!

probably the truest statement on the matter

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by compocup on 04 March 2004

Yes it was a non sports susension specced one.

Brakes were good though! and CD player!

I think the engine needed loosening up - it only had about 800miles on it. I know from experience that it would improve.

It felt like it had a bigger power band at about 4500rpm but it felt pretty lifeless up to this. It may have been a dud!?

Ahh i see the non "cup" versions arent worth even looking at. (not much improvement over the 172) as for the engine is most proably tight. the cd player is ok i suppose but its still pretty bad.

Autocar tested one 172cup at 16.9 0-100.

Dfferent cars and conditions etc. Power to weight ration seems to favour the cup still, but who gives a sh*t anyway over .2 of a second to 100

172, Tiguan

Sometimes when im driving to work, i stop and think; im going to accelerate to 100 mph.

Then i think; fantastic ill just get round this bend, stop and do it again.

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 04 March 2004

Sometimes when im driving to work, i stop and think; im going to accelerate to 100 mph.

Then i think; fantastic ill just get round this bend, stop and do it again.
I know jon...all the time, just minding my own business and whhhooossshhhhh!!!!! 100mph stop at the next lights and off we go again.........:devilish:

O MY GOD!! how can Renault live with themselves making improvements with every incarnation...HOW DARE THEY!!!!;)

172, Tiguan

I would like Renault to get the previous incarnation right before they start on a new one.

But thats another story.