ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 and 172 exhaust production

The Rear tail pipes have the ability to have a tip resonator built in them but to be honest ...93db is not a loud system by any means. Going for the full size Aero 163 would mean we could delete the front two silencers and keep around the same level of sound.. Or add the front resonators in to control things even more.

The tips would have to change to the Aero ones.. so something like this on the end. It would give a less stock look to the tips...

SNV30699.jpg

The System could be made with the following Combinations of Aero Silencers

Design 1 (as above) - 0/1/2 AR25's + an Aero 163 (custom length to full length - Can be made to go below 90db + 2 x 3.5" exit tips

Design 2 - 0,1 or 2 AR25's + Y Pipe + 2 x AT2525XL (Aero Turbine silencers) with tips as Matts system cut and welded to the AT2525Xl to make two tipped boxes (3.5" exit as matts car)

Design 3 - 0,1 or 2 AR 25s + Y Pipe + 2 x AT2540i's (LOUDEST OPTION) 4" Exits

Design 4 - 0,1 or 2 Ar25s + Y pipe + 2 x AT2525 + 2 Tips (LOUD OPTION)

Design 5 - 0,1, or 2 Ar25s + 1 x Aero 195 + Y pipe + 2 x Tips.... IMO this wouldnt look right at all and would flow incorrectly through the tips

To look at the different boxes you can see them on our web site www.dynoflow.co.uk

How much do you think we'd be talking about for a nice, quiet, yet sporty system then fin?

You sticking with this single backbox design?

And just another option to add to the above.... I think this would be slightly quieter than the option 1... But not by much

2 x AR25's (which are 4" od and 10" long)
Y pipe
2 x 195's
2 x Aero Tips

Right a days work is ahead of me... I'll put some prices down tonight

All the Options are 2.5" to twin 2", all are straight through

J

jarfun123

So what can you do for a 172 cause i need an exhaust rather quickly!

Ph-Quick
I need a 172 exhaust. Would be interested to see the gains on a rolling road too! I'm in need of an exhaust within a month.... however I can't offer my car as I test bed as i'm in N. Ireland!

Paul

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The Rear tail pipes have the ability to have a tip resonator built in them but to be honest ...93db is not a loud system by any means. Going for the full size Aero 163 would mean we could delete the front two silencers and keep around the same level of sound.. Or add the front resonators in to control things even more.

The tips would have to change to the Aero ones.. so something like this on the end. It would give a less stock look to the tips...

SNV30699.jpg

Design 1 (as above) - 0/1/2 AR25's + an Aero 163 (custom length to full length - Can be made to go below 90db + 2 x 3.5" exit tips

Design 2 - 0,1 or 2 AR25's + Y Pipe + 2 x AT2525XL (Aero Turbine silencers) with tips as Matts system cut and welded to the AT2525Xl to make two tipped boxes (3.5" exit as matts car)

Design 5 - 0,1, or 2 Ar25s + 1 x Aero 195 + Y pipe + 2 x Tips.... IMO this wouldnt look right at all and would flow incorrectly through the tips

To look at the different boxes you can see them on our web site www.dynoflow.co.uk

Well you've definitely lost me with all these different combinations , lol .

Pics and good quality sound clips for the above combinations are a must . I doubt you'll generate much interest / sales otherwise imo .

Tangoed Works
Sorry dampen the spirit here, but I'm interested in overall weight of the system, both the Yoz and Scorpion are around 16kg and claim between 4-8hp gains.

Im not too fussed about what it looks like as long as it doesnt fall apart.

Im contemplating a scorpion but have noticed the price has gone up to £400 so may wait for a group buy if someone is organizing one.

RS RIP

SNV30699.jpg

Well you've definitely lost me with all these different combinations , lol .

Pics and good quality sound clips for the above combinations are a must . I doubt you'll generate much interest / sales otherwise imo .

Reading through this thread i think the interest is there

Weight...Much less than stock thats for sure... But we didnt get the scales out, That will have to wait till the next one

I posted the options just to show there are many different ways of producing the system, we do have the choice of 23 different Aero silencers in our current range, Im not going to make all the different types :)

Very easy to claim HP increase's. My systems will increase the bhp by 5 to 10...see I just did it....lol Its also very easy to make dyno print outs look good (Just turn the AC off on the second run and all that Cowboy stuff, Just plain old marketing)

I know what the end result should be from what I do but I need you people to be involved with the testing, and for you to see the increases. I can even arrange the before and after Dyno runs at a local place to us (well near newark notts)

Peak BHP is NOT what you should be looking for from the exhaust, What you need to see is the entire Power curve Torque and BHP. And you need to see whats actualy at the wheels not a Dynos guesstimate at the crank to make you look good

What Im trying to say is take advertised increase's with a Pinch of Salt until you see them on your car....

IF CLIO SPORT WANTS TO RUN A DYNO'ed EXHAUST SHOOT OUT, and the different manufactures want to submit there systems for same day testing on the same car I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO PUT WHAT I DO UP AGAINST ANY OF THEM and let the rollers do the talking.

Anything I produce & All Aero Products come with a life time ownership warrenty.

Group buy..... Not Needed IMO... I belive in a fair price and I do offer discount to clubs and also for those that what to help us develop the brand of Aero Exhaust in the UK. I have quoted a price of £295 (MAX inc vat) for the system I have already built.

And when we finaly get to the Ready to sell retail kit the system will have a normal & fair retail price which is inline with other cat back system of the same quality..... The normal price will probably be around £330. The Clio Sport price (weather you order 1 or 10 will be £295 Max.)

But Lets say we gave a little Development discount and did the cat back system for £275 Inc Vat... for the first few at the workshop anyway.

So theres your invite to have a day in Lincoln while you car meets my welder (182 or 172 and configuration of manifold / Cat / Decat)

With your help we can get the kits available much quicker.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Come on people get your Cars offered to Fin so we can see some more Exhausts from him, If I hadn't already changed mine then I would be heading straight to him cos that is 1 hell of a decent price

Ph-Quick
Sounds like an excellent price. Someone get a 172 (preferably ph1!) down to him as I need an exhaust asap! I would do it but its just too far away from me!

A number of people have come from a distance and stay over in the Ibis hotel around the corner (next to Pub :)

+ I dont mind dropping you off into Lincoln center if you wanted to do a shopping trip.... One thing that gets on my tits though is when I have an owner breathing down my kneck all day..lol

A System takes a day to build... A Jig takes another day (actualy more work than the system itself)

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Still a lot of expense, but I really wouldn't mind one... Its a 2h 30m (140 mile) Journey to Lincoln for me! So thats say a good £30 petty money, what ever the hotel cost's for a night, plus £295 for the system... hmm... ?!

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I must confess... Im seriously considering it still!! Has Fin not had any other offers for 172's?! How big are the gains (Is he sorting out a free dyno run too?!), how much is this hotel, and would a 182 Exhaust not be slightly pricer that a 172?!

RS RIP
Sounds like an excellent price. Someone get a 172 (preferably ph1!) down to him as I need an exhaust asap! I would do it but its just too far away from me!

when it's the quality he's saying; he's cheap as f**k i would say !

When/if i were'nt living under sealevel i would have had my car there yesterday .

I'm looking into things for a friend ; Fin, can this Dutch guy become the sole importer/distibutor in Holland easily ??
He's a quality welder and has his mind set on starting his own busy-ness..

PM me if you feel like answering, if you do'nt want to i understand .

Last edited:
  RS RIP
lol, ever lasting financial issues... :evil:

This exhaust will last a lifetime of 2 or 3 Clio's ,

A tuner offered me a 182 manifold (he said Cup-racer) for cheap last week; thinking of letting my friend do a complete exhaust with these parts (and i've just bought a K-tec decat for $$$..?)

Last edited:
  Clio 182.
Fin, i would be interested, definatly, but my car tax and 24K service has all come at once! so ill be a bit strapped for a while.

when it's the quality he's saying; he's cheap as f**k i would say !

When/if i were'nt living under sealevel i would have had my car there yesterday .

I'm looking into things for a friend ; Fin, can this Dutch guy become the sole importer/distibutor in Holland easily ??
He's a quality welder and has his mind set on starting his own busy-ness..

PM me if you feel like answering, if you do'nt want to i understand .

Tell him to give me an email!!!! The more countrys on board in Europe the better for the brand

Datsun
Hi Fin,

I'm looking for a new exhaust for my 182 and am very interested in yours. I'm based in Edinburgh so getting down to you would be tricky.

Are you at a stage where you can deliver completed exhausts yet?

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Spoke with Fin quite breifly today, was slightly skepical at first tbh... but he seem's very genuine, and straight forward. Sounds like he's done some very good work too, and the pics of matts show it off very well. Finances allowing... mine will be there in the next couple of weeks. If everything is to be believed then it would be stupid to pass up such a great opportunity, A full s/s system, straight through, hand built to your own spec with excellent workmanship for around £275!! BARGAINOUS!! (Anyone interested in a standard reno exhaust with about 150 miles on it... lol!?)

Will be putting some pics up soon, so Fin can get a better idea of what may be required to get the job done. Have stated that im looking for something like the 182 style... but overall performance etc takes preference. Would like to see some more actual figures for mpg/bhp/weight etc... but maybe this is something we can look into when mines with him!

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Right well, I tried to get a few pics this avo to give you an idea of what you'd be looking at, but it is rather difficult due to a slight lack of space/nimbleness! But here's what I have managed to get...

1. 4-1 Manifold (pretty straight forward really)
1.jpg

2. From Underneath the Engine Bay (Coming from manifold, into the system)
2.jpg

3. System From Front to Back (Inc. 2nd Llandr)
3.jpg

4. Rear End of the Main System
4.jpg

5. Bend Leading into the Back Box
5.jpg

6. Back Box (Quite a bit of room around it)
6.jpg

7. Quick Pic of the Underside of the Wheel Well (IMO there just isn't enough space for a second exhaust around here... so 182 idea maybe out the window there!)
7.jpg

Hope this helps Fin, If you need some more detailed ones, I've ok'd it my local garage to get it up on the ramps for some better ones!? Let me know!!

Also, further from my earlier question's, id be interested in knowing which parts you'd be looking to use for it... just to give me a bit of an idea really!?

Cheers.

Hi Fin,

I'm looking for a new exhaust for my 182 and am very interested in yours. I'm based in Edinburgh so getting down to you would be tricky.

Are you at a stage where you can deliver completed exhausts yet?

Affraid Im not just yet, Just need Time with a few cars first.

I have the original back box section from Matts car which should allow me to produce a Jig for the system.. But then its a case of Test build and fit on the next 182... and so on.. Its got to be right, Fit and sound well before I will produce any kits... So it might take a while.

And yes we need proper fig. for Performance gains, Weight & all the other info you need

Spoke with Fin quite breifly today, was slightly skepical at first tbh... but he seem's very genuine, and straight forward. Sounds like he's done some very good work too, and the pics of matts show it off very well. Finances allowing... mine will be there in the next couple of weeks. If everything is to be believed then it would be stupid to pass up such a great opportunity, A full s/s system, straight through, hand built to your own spec with excellent workmanship for around £275!! BARGAINOUS!! (Anyone interested in a standard reno exhaust with about 150 miles on it... lol!?)

Will be putting some pics up soon, so Fin can get a better idea of what may be required to get the job done. Have stated that im looking for something like the 182 style... but overall performance etc takes preference. Would like to see some more actual figures for mpg/bhp/weight etc... but maybe this is something we can look into when mines with him!

MPG is something that is of great interest... But like above it no good me saying 5 to 12% better MPG with an Aero Turbine system ... I need you to find out what it is and then come back and tell everyone:approve:

Yes Im working for an Eastern European hourly rate at the moment:S. (I'll earn my money once Jigged up and the systems sell at full price in the automotive shops + we distribute them around Europe;))

For a single exit system I would consider using 1 or 2 AR25's and an AT2525XL Aero Turbine silencer.(Which I really would like in as many of the systems as possable)

But we can test the sound as we build the system to get it right. We can also produce / modify any of the silencers to fit so we are not just stuck with the Aero Silencer sizes

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Sound's good to me then... let me no when you have the parts back in stock, then we can get down to the dates!

5 Pallets of Stock left Utar, USA two days ago... All stock should be with me mid next week (Ship by Air freight)

Im booking in jobs from the 22nd of April now (23rd is also booked, A Reliant Fox Camper Van :)..should be fun..lol)

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Maybe next Saturday 19th then if everything arrives on time... Would be something different to show off at the NW Meet on the Sunday!?

Hang on a mo Sanchez mate....... I had Jonathan from here book his 172 in for the 26th yesterday........Mmmm wait a moment [confused] is that you...?..lol

Im booking in for the 29th and after now... Give me a call on 01522 853858 or 07876 332654 and we can sort the day you want

I also have a 182 for 2 days on the 24th and 25th of April so with a bit of luck things might get moving on the Jig....This customer wants a twin rear box system... using the 2 x AT2525XL Silencers and the same tips as Matt had (cut down in length) to fit the boxes... If this combination works well it could be the way to go for the 182's