ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 alloys and tyres

Somehow I have managed to damage one of my front driver side alloys. So I need to replace them. I'm looking to replacement with a darker variation of the 182 alloys. As I'll be mostly likely getting them without the tyres, what's the best size tyres to get with the alloys that are compatible that are the largest?

Thanks

Clio 182
Sorry what are cups?
image.jpg

Lol,

Well the listing I'm looking at saying they have 'cups' (what ever they are in alloys). Does that mean I can't go for the 195 width? Do the 205 have better handling?

For some reason all the 172s came with 195 width tyres and all the 182s came with 205. However all Mk2 Ph2 Renaultsport Clio wheels are the same width, regardless of whether they are from a 172/182/Cup/Trophy.

Therefore people assume it's fine to fit 195 or 205. The large majority fit 195 as they are significantly cheaper. The difference between buying a Michelin or a Pirelli will be far more noticeable than the difference between 195 and 205.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Cup alloys are anthracite in colour whereas the non cup 182s had the silver alloys. And if I'm not mistaken the trophy 182s had the turini alloys.

Here are my 182 cup alloys,
image.jpg

I've run 195 and 205. Personally 205 is better

I always thought there might be problems with full locking as they're bigger wheels?
Golly, I do like the darker colour, but the kerb marks really do show :O