ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Alarm keeps going off!

bg 182
well to add to the list of problems i currently have with my 182, the car has now decided to sound the alarm all the blody time! then it will be fine for a few days then it will go off again. iv checked all the doors windows etc and they are all shut, iv tried the trick with the key to deactivate the sensors and it still goes off, i try to leave the car unlocked it locks itself and then sounds the alarm! any ideas? i dont fancy spending "£" on a battery to find out its not that, as i have to get new tax at the end of the month, cambelt, aux belt, water pump, 3 new tyres, cv joint and my exhaust is almost rotten. Dont you just love cars. sorry for the rant this car has been nothing but trouble since i bought it! any help or ideas would me much appreciated
cheers dan.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Personally, i'd spend on a proper diag. session to see whats triggering the alarm first. It could be an internal alarm fault (in which case you de-configure it or, if its aftermarket, rip it out) or it could be a legitimate trigger?

I had a spate of new-ish Vauxhalls with this kind of problem in October this year and every one was to do with the rear quarter window sensors being crap and its an easy fix. I know yours is a Renault but a proper diagnostic rather than a code reading session with a proper tech doing the work is money well spent mate.

Mick