ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 air con confusion

182 cup
hey

after finally getting the hang of the cruise control ive now turned to the last gadget the air con

now it may sound strange but i cant seem to turn it on

tryed the search thing on here but cant find an answer

i assume when the orange light under the A/C is on the air con is on?
or is that wrong?

ive tried turning the fans on full and temp to the lowest (min)

but it feels no different if the a/c is pressed (orange light) or depressed

is there any guide on here or can anyone give me a quick lesson on how to use it before the hot weather gets here

the cars on 15k miles btw and all the fans work fine

cheers

click the auto button....that turns it on..

the other buttons regulate the temp, you will see it on the wee screen...and the last button re-circulates the air...keep that off if your feet stink...

just read your edit..

sounds link it mite need recharged or somthing if the temp doesnt change...mine goes ice cold when its on minimum...

what is the age of your car..?

182 cup
when i click auto it sets the fan level to medium and turns the orange light on the air con on

will the aircon work at any fan speed?

and does the temp have to be on (min) for the aircon to work?

its a 04 plate with 15k on clock

just dont notice any change whether the light next to a/c is illuminated or not :S

182 cup
also on my GTI-R if you turn aircon on the revs drop ever so slightly as they would if you turn on stereo or high beam etc

on the clio there is no change at all ...? made me question whether it works at all or is that just what new cars do :cool:

newest car ive had before this 182 was a X reg subaru p1 so as you can probably tell all these gadgets confuse me

jesus ...i sound like an old man and im only 25!

Recaro'd 182
depends on the temperature in the car! the fan speed is proportional to the temperature. It runs a closed loop system and if the setpoint is 20 deg C and the car 20 deg C inside it will maintain it at that temp with a low fan speed. If you was to open the window with a outside temp of 25 it will ramp fan up to try bring the temp back down (odviously it wont be able to so shut the window!)

182 cup
right so maybe thats cause i like being cold all the time

i never wear a coat even in winter

maybe its works just not very well?

so i'll just keep temp on min all time unless im demisting windscreen and "auto" turns aircon on to achieve "min" tempreture

and the orange light "on" on the aircon button means that the aircon is "on"

sorted cheers lads!:cool:

insignia
right so maybe thats cause i like being cold all the time

i never wear a coat even in winter

maybe its works just not very well?

so i'll just keep temp on min all time unless im demisting windscreen and "auto" turns aircon on to achieve "min" tempreture

and the orange light "on" on the aircon button means that the aircon is "on"

sorted cheers lads!:cool:

sounds like the gas needs changing to me. When a/c on its freezing cold, if it isnt then you need refilling

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
put it on auto, press the blue button till its on min