ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 advice needed....

CLIO 197 Ultra red

HEY GUYS....

JUST AFEW QUESTIONS ABOUT THE 182 OR 172 FOR THAT MATTER....

HOW MANY MILES TILL ITS RUN IN? I GOT ALMOST 1000 ON NOW. TRIED TO STAY BELOW 5K FOR THE FIRST 500 BUT HAD IT UP TO 6500 ONCE OR TWICE SINCE...

ALSO MPG? I DRIVE PRETTY QUICK BUT NOT LUNATIC ALL THE TIME.. AT PRESENT IM GETTING 25.9 MPG... THE BEST IVE HAD IS 28. IS THIS RIGHT??!! SEEMS LOW MAN!

AND THE GREEN SHIFT LIGHT.. WHEN DOES IT FLASH? IVE HAD IT UP TO ALMOST 7K AND NOWT... WHEN I TESTDROVE ONE I HAD IT ON THE LIMITER AND CANT REMEBER IT FLASHHING EITHER..

CHEERS

What you shouting for!

Normal run in period for the car is 625miles / 1000km.

Takes upto 20,000 for the engine to really loosen up. Dependant on your driving.

25.9mpg is quite high. Dependant on what sort of driving you do depends on your mpg. Motorways etc should see middle/high 30s.

The location of the shift light is not really suited to using it. Gimmick me thinks. Normally change gear when power is dipping, Normally concentrating on road to worry about revs,lights,speed.

CLIO 197 Ultra red

i just wanted to know if it worked. the one on me bike (zx6-r636) i use more than the tacho cos u cant see the damn thing.. its a led bar display and a total waste of time!! lol

me mates old man has a 172 and said it just got quicker and quicker till he hit about 10k where it seems to have stuck..

320d M Sport

shift light varies depending on engine temp, its not that accurate anyway, better to just change from experience/engine note.

Yaris Hybrid

Getting 36mpg out of mine after a week of commuting in the heavy autumn/winter traffic.

Took mine to 6500rpm a few times during the run in period. Got the car with 125 miles on the clock so figured it had already been shafted...

CLIO 197 Ultra red

engines r usually quicker when u punt them from new but dont last as long... im gonna just drive mine normally now sod it...

S1 Elise 111S

done nearly 4k and its loosening up nicely.
I seem to average around 25-40, depending on type of driving.

Like Toypop I gave it a few blips up to 6k revs during the run in period (first 500-600 miles) and varied the revs, then drove it as normal.

As with all things theyll break quicker the more/harder you use them.

Done 1000 miles in mine and I redline it all the time... My shift light only comes on when I redline it... Must be trying to tell me summat.

Lee

BMW M2C

Mine is getting better. Ive hit 7.5k in 5 months I think, I cant remember when I got it.

My 172 didnt really losen up until near 20k.

Im getting an average of around 32mpg with my daily 40 mile round trip commute. Ive seen it as high as 42 on long motorway drives, and as low as 15.5mpg at Spa.

The light just comes on when your close to the limiter, nothing to do with power.

Dont go nannying it give it some stick you dont want a week engine.

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP

I was advised by my father and brother, who know a thing or two about cars, to not go above 4,500rpm, for the first 250 miles and then blow the knackers of it!:eek: However only an hour after driving it off the forecourt, my brother had a race with an Audi A6 round the back roads getting the change gear indicator to come on, and then my Dad had a go, overtook a Ferrari, and clocked 120mph up the local bypass. :cry:! It only had delivery miles on the clock so it had been thrased ny the first 50!;)

CLIO 197 Ultra red

ive been up to 7k afew times.. kept it below 5ish for the first 500.

just hit the 1000m mark tonight and had the redline in almost every gear change!. seems well tight though. i 172 left me earlier on and a civic vti was keeping up wiv me. fuel economy is getting better though. i was caining it and its now up to 26.7 or something.

going to bike show at the nec tomorrow so thatll add around 700miles to it. should be pretty loose by the end of that.

The gear shift light will only come on depending on where it has been set2 come on.

Im on my second 182 and the light comes on all the time when booting it. The last one i had however came on much later when the car was redlined.

Either that or something else has been set up differently, ny 1st 1 had the cup susp. the 2nd 1 didnt:cry:

the cup pack is definately worth the money;)

Quote: Originally posted by RapidClio on 06 November 2004

The gear shift light will only come on depending on where it has been set2 come on. It should come on ~300rpm before the redline

Either that or something else has been set up differently, ny 1st 1 had the cup susp. the 2nd 1 didnt:cry: Definatly somehting up anything more than 500rpm Id get them to look at it

You need to give the engine some stick during the first 25 miles to ensuire the rings make a good seal in the engine otherwise youll get excess blowby which means oil burned, less Mpg and less power.