ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 accelerator lag/inconsistent idling

Juhu_United

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 BG
Hello everybody.

I've had a search and I can't find anyone with this problem.

Basically sometimes (I'd say 8/10 Times) when I have just started the car and drive off, it will move off and at around 10mph (without changing my foot pressure on the pedal) the power drops off and it holds at 10mph. Then after a few seconds it returns to normal (and having usually put my foot down as a natural reaction I shoot off suddenly looking like a tw*t). More and more though it repeats itself for a minute or two though after getting the throttle back, it used to only do it once for a second or two then it was fine for the rest of the drive.

Also more recently it can idle erratically, sometimes at around 800rpm, sometimes at 1500-2000. But to be honest usually it's fine.

It doesn't seem to make too much of a difference whether the engine is hot or cold, sometimes it will work fine after leaving it overnight, sometimes the problem happens after starting up when stopping on the motorway for 5 minutes.

Also the car has the remap ron98 thing but it worked fine for months after that.. the problem started in about November.

If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it. I don't want to change the accelerator or anything before I get some advice from you lovely people :)

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Mine sounded slightly similar mate, last weekend I found the vacuum pipe onto the inlet manifold split further down. If so just blank it off.