ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - 750mc championship car build

911 GT3, 320i, M3
Thought I'd start a thread on here showing a few details of the clio I'm building for the 750mc 182 championship.

Have built raced and sold a BMW 318ti compact I seam to have got a bit of a bug for building race cars, not that I really have time but better than sitting around watch TV.
20657320826_c75ec0232b_o_zpsr0oijgxc.jpg

Started of with a completely standard 2004 clio 182 which I bought off of a guy on here.
15dc53aa-b69d-4507-bd1f-583e216f08d4_zpstl09g6xl.jpg

So far I've got a far as stripping the carpets, headlining and various interior plastic out, the AC had been discharged and started to be removed.

Purchased a safety devises roll cage which looks simple enough to install as the regs make sure all cars run with relatively simple cages, 15' pro race 1.2's, Hel brake lines, a cobra Sebring pro seat, fire extinguisher, hayward and scott exhaust, tow straps and a few other bits and bobs. Now just need to start actually fitting a few bits.

Hoping to have it up and running in the early part of 2016

911 GT3, 320i, M3
Done a fair amount of the ground work now.

Sourced and fitted a cup alternator set up, cup rear spoiler and non xenon headlights.

Interior stripped out and redundant wiring and sound proofing removed.

Cage is fitted and seat being fitted in the next week or so, bought some 6 point Luke harnesses and started to wire up the cut off switch .

Main jobs left are to install the fire extinguisher, order and fit suspension, control ecu and brakes.

Think it should be ready for it's first trackday in a month or so