ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 2 year/12000 mile service.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Can someone tell me if my 182 was supposed to have had it's air and cabin filters changed at this service interval (a whopping £300.00 at Renault Enfield! Although that did include tracking)? It says in the service history that they are supposed to be changed at 12,000 miles but my car is on just over 9000. It is now two years old so i would have thought they would have been changed at this interval- or do i have to go back at 12,000 miles for the filter changes? Thanks.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
300 notes sh*t! I'm on 16.5k on my 04 plate 182, was serviced about 9k before i got it least nov so prob due for the same amount of damage too!
I'd say ask them if you could take it back at 12k but then youd think they would just have done it wouldnt you! I thought 12k service was only about £150? tracking shouldnt have cost that much??? I'd tell them to f*** off for £300!

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Just been having a look through my bill. I had to have a couple of warranty jobs sorted out - one of them was a blocked windscreen washer jet. Guess what - those Renault morons have charged me £50.00 for unblocking my jets! F**king c**ks!!! Anyone got the number for Renault customer services?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
a 2 year service/12000 mile service should be around 150 - 180 quid max.

anything needing to be done should be done after 2 years or when you get to 12000 mile within 2 years.

it shouldn't be costing 300 quid mate, get complaining if i were you.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Have you paid? I'd threaten to punch the service manager so hard in his fat gut that he'd see his full english again. Then again a more subtle approach may work better... Everytime I've been there there are people moaning at the service desk! Mine needs engine mounts sorting, flaky badge on front replacing and creaks and rattles from frnt sus/strng rack investigated!

Ford Fiesta
i piad £140 supplied my own elf oil and got all 3 filters changed. as per book

Fabia VRS & Yeti
supplying your own oil! great minds think alike!!! also mark the oil and air filters!(to make sure they change them)

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
So am i right in saying that even though my car has only done 9000 miles and not 12000 it still SHOULD have had the air filter and cabin filter changed at the 2 year/12000 service?

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
renault say 3 hours for a rear brake change, i done my 172 rears in 1.5 hours. lol. and fronts in half hour. thats 150 quid extra renault charge just for the rears. cos there pretty much 100 quid hour. remember that.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
NickN182 said:
So am i right in saying that even though my car has only done 9000 miles and not 12000 it still SHOULD have had the air filter and cabin filter changed at the 2 year/12000 service?

yes, the 12000 mile service occurs when you have reached 12000 OR 2 years. the milage is not important.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
I got something new now. Just went down to Renault Enfield to complain. After looking at my bill it appears that no-one seems to know what oil has been put in the car (could be 10w40 or 5w40)so i have to go back next tuesday to get the oil changed again and according to them the air filter and cabin filter only get changed at 24000 miles! However if you read the manual it says 12000 for the filters and so do Renault customer service! I got my money back for being overcharged but didn't get to speak to a manager as they were all in a meeting! They really are the most useless dealers i have ever come across. Going back later to blast the service manager! AARRGHHH!!!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i wolud refuse to drive my car since they have failed to service it properly, also they have no ideam what oil they have put in it. i would go back and continue moaning! unlucky fella :(

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
They are useless. I would recommend everyone avoid that place like the plague. Once this is sorted out i'm never going there again. I feel like Victor Meldrew moaning all the time but this has really p***ed me off. Oh and i found out they charge £100.00 an hour for labour, that's bad enough, but when it's £100.00 an hour for a half assed job then it's really taking the mick.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Latest update. After a lot of arguing they are changing the oil again next week, the filters and a tank of petrol all for free. Although technically the filters should have been included in the service anyway but again according to them they don't get replaced until 24000 miles. I wish someone could clear this filter thing up. What is it Renault? The handbook says 12000 miles, your customer service says 12000 miles and the dealer says 24000 miles.

Oh one more thing (it's a bit petty but i was annoyed) i asked why i had been charged for screenwash when i didn't want any. The response i got was that 'It is changed as part of the service'. 'So what if it had been full up with my stuff' i queried 'We drain it out and put our stuff in instead' was the answer i got.
Renault Enfield? Never again.

Black Gold Clio 182
Our local dealer in Southampton has quoted me £210 for the Clios 12K service next week, going to have the suspension knock/creak and high speed buzz looked at too while it's there!

Stef

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
According to my 182's service book . Its 24,000 miles or 2 years for the air filter , 12,000 miles or 2 years for the cabin filter .
Personally i would want the airfilter changing every 12,000 miles .

When i had my 172 serviced i filled up the screenwash to the top before i took it in . When i looked at my bill it said £1.75 for screenwash , i was f*ckin mad until i got in the car and they had left me a brand new bottle in the passenger footwell ;)

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
MRBILLYUK said:
According to my 182's service book . Its 24,000 miles or 2 years for the air filter , 12,000 miles or 2 years for the cabin filter .
Personally i would want the airfilter changing every 12,000 miles .

When i had my 172 serviced i filled up the screenwash to the top before i took it in . When i looked at my bill it said £1.75 for screenwash , i was f*ckin mad until i got in the car and they had left me a brand new bottle in the passenger footwell ;)

Right this is the information i have collected so far on these godforsaken filters.

My service book says 12,000 miles or every 4 years whichever comes first for the air filter and every 12,000 miles for the cabin filter (no mention of years).

Your book says 24,000 miles or every 2 years whichever comes first for the air filter and every 12,000 miles or 2 years for the cabin filter.

Renault customer service say every 12,000 miles or two years for both filters.

The dealer says 24,000 miles or two years for both filters.

My head says never buy a Renault again.

BMW 320d SE
stef said:
Our local dealer in Southampton has quoted me £210 for the Clios 12K service next week, going to have the suspension knock/creak and high speed buzz looked at too while it's there!

Stef
Stef - Why not take your motor down to Mike @ Rentech in Portsmouth for a service? Others on here have only had the nicest things to say about him and his work. :D

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
NickN182 said:
Right this is the information i have collected so far on these godforsaken filters.

My service book says 12,000 miles or every 4 years whichever comes first for the air filter and every 12,000 miles for the cabin filter (no mention of years).

Your book says 24,000 miles or every 2 years whichever comes first for the air filter and every 12,000 miles or 2 years for the cabin filter.

Renault customer service say every 12,000 miles or two years for both filters.

The dealer says 24,000 miles or two years for both filters.

My head says never buy a Renault again.

Thats weird ! Thye can't even get somethin' simple like the service books right , doesn't put much confidence in em does it . Did your try phoning some other local Renault dealerships and askin em what the service covered , air filter , cabin filter etc....
Heres a pic of my service book just so you know i ain't seein things lol ;)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/mrbillyuk/SERVICEBOOK.jpg

It would be interesting to know what other peoples service book says !

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Hmmm. Feel sorry for you Nick. I think when the time comes I'm gonna give these ren-tech guys a try and avoid a nasty mess in renault enfield.