ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182-182 cup

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Cup loses leatherette+alcantara on the seats, no xenons, no auto wipers, no climate (standard ac), different stereo, only available in RB and cat-sick, slightly smaller steering wheel (no melting thumb grips), no split rear bench.

The 182Cup is a 182 with slightly worse seats and none of the s**t non-functional toys. Just like the 182, it's a s**t car with plenty of character. Great fun until the gearbox sounds like it's full of nails, the exhaust has fallen off, and the steering wheel has melted in your hands.

Don't let any of the full fat heroes tell you any different. They're both s**t but great fun and seriously talented on track.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Car of their time. Interior s**t, built pretty poorly, not refined in the slightest. All sorted in the new breed of hatches, but obviously with added weight. Roy's nailed it. s**t as day to day ( if those things bother you) but great fun.

ST
Both pisch, next.

Disclaimer: I'm at the wind up as i have owned a 182 in the past, not a bad car but nowhere near as good as the 197.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There you have it. If you moisturise and use fake tan, the 197's the car for you. ;)

DB.

BMW 440i
Lol!

I want some racing blue in my life but dont want a 182 cup. They mostly seem to be cups for sale! Grrrr!

There you have it. If you moisturise and use fake tan, the 197's the car for you. ;)

Or if you don't want it to feel like it's falling apart after 3 years? TBH though, I have no doubt at all that the 197 will also fall apart. Better quality plastics does not equal more screws.

Tav

Clio 197
The 182...like a 182 Cup but with loads of accessories you don't really need. I can work my own wipers and twirl an A/C control myself, ta!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
No no..thats why i have a Mini how..x

A better all rounder than all of the above tbh. Having seen what you've bought, I do find it crazy that people are dropping 15k on a Clio. I don't think there's a Clio edition made that would hold onto a well driven s works, and I've only driven the early lower powered works.

ST
Yep, its a good blend of everything, at 75 on the motorway its returning 37mpg if not more, the 197 was struggling for 27-30 at that speed, thrashing the works it will drop bellow 20 but you need to be giving it some serious boot..so in general its returning an average of around 30-32mpg which is ideal, its also far more comfortable to be in too.

I've had a fair bit from mates about it being a hairdressers car etc...then i've taken a few out and scared them in it when it pins that rather large speedo round to 150 beans..