ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17s Slow U Down 16v Wheels

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Anyone had fitted 17s like mine and noticed the performance suffering?

I might get 16s when my tyres need replacing. Ive got Toora 8 plat 17s, nice but thinkin bout gettin 1000 Miglia Spiders, 16s. Do you reckon theyll suit a black 16v. What wheals really suit 16valves? Any creative feedback?

Spider

<A onmouseover="MM_swapImage(next,,images/next_o.gif,1)" onmouseout=MM_swapImgRestore() href= "http://www.wheel-base.co.uk/1000_p2.htmlIMG height=20 alt=Next src= http://www.wheel-base.co.uk/images/next.gif width=60 border=0 name=next osrc= http://www.wheel-base.co.uk/images/next.gif

Super Ts!!!!!! obviously i would say that but i think you will find quite a lot of people saying it. its an obvious choice but not very original. i think Khan RS-ss look amazing but heard they are really sh*t quality and far too expensive. 17s will slow you down, not by alot but they put a lot of strain on gearbox, clutch, driveshafts etc.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

The Toora wheels i bought with the car, but i think they suit the car. Still got the orginal bad boys, might put them on when i get bored one day.

your car looks SWEET on the tooras. thinking of slapping my car on the originals for a bit of tyre killing driving though!!!!!!!

190 BHP Willy 2

Do it, I had 16s on my car, but still noticed how much better it drove with the original phase 2s on there. Put your standard wheels back on today and go give it some stick. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the difference.

Scott

Ive ditched my 16"s permanently in favour of the original Phase 2s. Better ride too and more progressive on the limit. I use 195/50/15 tyres though rather than 185/55/15.

FRST and 106 GTi

cant really understand why the abuse on alloy size. looks? why care if even there is alloys that you cant tell if they are 15" or 16"?! and, btw, when you are ripping the tarmac you cant tell what alloys you have. :)

I would go to 15" with a VERY good tyre. wont kill the reving and will grip more on cornering.

WRC cars usually use 16" for gravel and (sometimes) 17" for tarmac stages. why? 300mm brakes (or more, but not under 16") and they have 300bhp to put on the ground. AWD helps, but not enough. Only on this kind of issues I would go for bigger alloys... problems puting down the horses.

Some aftermarket wheels always look good, but I think that as cars tend to get older, its a safer bet to stick with the original wheels.

How many 205 GTi 1.9s or Delta Integrales look any good on venoms or three-spokes?

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Right. Im comin round to the dission that ill sell my 17s and buy some 5 SPOKE, FLAT FACE 16s, it a toss up between some 1000 MIGLIA RACE or KAHN RS 16s, the cost of the later might sway me to the Miglias. What other 5 spoke 16s REALLY SUIT A 16v? :cool:

Mikey, I have 16 Mille Miglia Spiders on my white valver, will send you a pic if you want although you will need to give me an email to send it to, as i dont have the pic hosted anywhere. I think they look good but you can judge for yourself

Alex M

OH NO !!! I have only had my Miglia 17s for about a month and was quite chuffed with them but now everyone is saying that standard rims are best !! To be honest have only noticed a slight performance decrease but am not happy to hear that they are putting a huge strain on my gearbox, clutch, driveshafts etc etc etc !! Feeling a bit gutted now !