ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17's how low can i go???

Clio 172
I have 17's hie Fuji alloys with low profiles and I've being told different things from different people??? i would like to lower the car at least 40 mm but if i could go 60 mm then that would be great. does anyone know if I can get away with 60mm or is 40 my limit??

MK3 GTI golf 16v
17 are to big really, prob wont look right when you lower it :/ you wont get away with anyting over 40mm

172 cup- suzu rf600r
i had 17s on mine when i first bought her, lowered on racelands too, dont know how much by but it was practically undriveable previous owner must have been a right muppet, id estimate about 70mm low, raised up the front something like 20mm (cant raise the back as the p[revious removed the adjusters to get it even lower lmao) and moddified the arches with a hammer and it just gave the occasional scrape on bumpy corners, iv got 15 inch winters on at the mo but il be getting rid of the 17s for 15 or 16s after winter, in short i wouldnt bother as the drivability of your car will suffer

182 BEAN
my first clio was lowered 60mm with pi springs on 17" deep dish rims ............... years ago looked slammed but rubbed everywhere

Clio 172
Hya guys, thanks for the replies. I think ill save a little longer and get some deep 15's then drop it by 60mm or something. :)

thanks again

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if youre going to get deep dish wheels,
id suggest dropping a lot more than 60mm lol

you can drop it a fair way on 17s, i think i dropped mine around 80mm all round,
i did get a fair bit of rubbing on full lock though lol

img0650g.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Luucky i found this! i got some FK LOWERING SPRINGS that'll drop my clio mk2 by 60mm and i got 17" wolfrace euro sprints (currently being sprayed grey) anyway, i hope i can get away with it and also the rubbing!