ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172mk2 lower engine mount

Clio 172mk2
right im sure theres a engine mount located under the gear box , so how do u get to it to either tighten it up or to replace it, renaults quoted 25 for parts 105 labour, but surely it cant be too hard

thanks

CB600FS
Biojo it'll take you 10 minutes mate, jack the front of the car up and get it on stands, remove your undertray (4X10mm bolts) if you've got one, you'll see it connecting the subframe to the bottom of the gearbox.

Remove the 2 Bolts (one goes upwards into the box, the other is nut+bolt) they're 16/18mm, remove the old mount, put the new one in place and tighten up.

Clio 172mk2
tar tom , i would have took the undertray off earlier to find that but lowered cars are a b+tch to get under

Clio 197 ('08 R'Blue)
I'm about to do mine - think it's called the dog-bone mount? I've got one from k-tec. Ever since I had my cambelt done, when I accelerate hard my engine must catch the chassis making a right noise. I believe this is common?? I'm gonna change the dog bone mount and loosen the top mount and roll the engine forward and tighten. Can anyone confirm this is the correct course of action??? Also I have that knocking noise when turning on full lock - what's this about getting some big washers and where do you put them??
Cheers.

megane 285 sport
i fitted my bushes to the standard mount and it ay really done it since, unless i really pull the clutch up really quick, then ts gone clang off something. you have to rock the engine forwrd to get the moun back on.

CB600FS
I'm about to do mine - think it's called the dog-bone mount? I've got one from k-tec. Ever since I had my cambelt done, when I accelerate hard my engine must catch the chassis making a right noise. I believe this is common?? I'm gonna change the dog bone mount and loosen the top mount and roll the engine forward and tighten. Can anyone confirm this is the correct course of action??? Also I have that knocking noise when turning on full lock - what's this about getting some big washers and where do you put them??
Cheers.

Yeah I wouldn't bother getting a new dogbone mount. When they've put the top mount back on they haven't tightened it down where it was before, thats giving you the clunk against the chassis you describe. Undo your 3 bolts holding the mount against the body, pull the engine forward and re-torque the bolts.

As for the washers do a search for "strut top knocking fix" its the one with loads of replies started by thread, thats another quick and easy 10 minute job.