ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172mk2 193bhp & 182lb/ft of tourque

193 mk2
Big Thanks to Andy & the boys @ GDI,
today i visited GDI/AWT for the second time, the first was to get benr's inlet manifold done. it was my car that gained 13bhp & 10lb/ft of torque in the back to back rr tests on the inlet.
anyway todays visit was to have a service, put my janspeed de-cat on & have an smt6 fitted.
i came all the way from birmingham to have it done & turned up late 12.15pm the boys had to slog over my car, trying to get it all done in time. which they did, then we took it down to mass racing's rr to map the smt. good thing i got 1, i was running very lean (on the air flow meter), due to the inlet.
andy mapped it on the rr and he got an 11bhp & 15lb/ft of torque gain!!! even andy was gob smacked, which is saying something lol. so my 172mk2 is now running at 193bhp & has 182lb/ft of tourque & much better drivability. the tourque is the amazing feat though! i hadn't really taken it in till i looked at the modded clio section in this forum, but WOW!!!
my car has a magnex cat-back, itg maxogen & as above benr's inlet manifold,a janspeed de-cat & andy's smt6. no cams or body's.
once again a Big Thanks to,
Andy , Stu & Phill, for their brilliant work oh & Bex for the sausage roll

193 mk2
cams will be going on some time next year as i'll be changing my cam belt & i'll do the two together, should save £££'s doing it that way. only 1 labour charge!!! p.s it sounds sooooooo nice now lol. i can't help putting my foot down just to hear its deep burble..

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
was a pleasure having you about Matt,

glad we got it all done on time, was a squeeze...

the nice thing was you could feel the torque.... it pulled nicely.

Evo Tommi Mak
blimey that torques unreal. ive got 189 bhp from a bmc cda, superchip, de cat, and magnex zorst but ive only got bout 152lb/ft. well done nice work!