ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172FF Vs Fiesta ST

Golf 7R
My god this comes up all the time. When will people realise that the Festa ST is a warm hatch, zero comparison in speed and would get beat in any scenario...... they look ok though

NEED V6!
quite easy maths mate

the st weighs more and has less power

u should pull slightly ahead to 60 and further to 100 ( on private road) but u wouldnt completely destroy it

there has been quite a few of these threads mate but nevermind

MG ZS180 Mk2
As I have said before, I part ex'd my ST for a 182.
ST: 0-60 - 7.9
182: 0-60 - 6.9

The 182 is much faster when you have driven them back to back like me.
182 is about 4-5 seconds faster to 100. Thats a lifetime.

LY 200
Tricky one this. As in standard form there probably not but slightly modded maybe.

I had a go against one the weekend, three runs and although i pulled after hitting 3rd it wasnt what some would have you know.

He does have a viper and if the truth be told im not 100% that hes stopped there. I thought it was my car but the fact he doesnt have much trouble with CTR's and an FRS that i know of suggests its not!!! Lol

MG ZS180 Mk2
Over on the ST forum thethere is one guy with a Bluecat exhaust and sports cat, 4-1 manifold and a BMC CDA IK and he gets 197 bhp and 223 nm torque. He runs 0-60 in 6.8 and a 1/4 mile time of 15.3. The car though is a good one, had a higher than normal bhp when standard than most.
Another person has a 2.3 conversion and running 211 bhp/177lbft and gets around 6.5 and 14.2 on the strip.

If the one you raced floored it 1/2 second before you, its going to take to a little while to reel it back in and pass though.

LY 200
^^^Yeah tbh mate, it was abit hit and miss as to whether we floored it at the same time.....I do believe he got the better start everytime and what with the traction control on, well draw your own conclusion as to how well a car go's with it on!!!

Much prefered standing starts in my mk1 2.0 16v without the tc.

I love the way that every fiesta st driver seems to drive like they have the fastest car on the road & they are something to be scared of !

The fiesta zetec s (old shape) boys are the same :rolleyes:

172 CUP
i used to own a ST150

performance isnt very good

feels dull and too smooth

handles well and brakes are good

172/182 would take the ST150 no problem

MCS R56
I love the way that every fiesta st driver seems to drive like they have the fastest car on the road & they are something to be scared of !

The fiesta zetec s (old shape) boys are the same :rolleyes:

And you think most if the Clio Sport owners don't think this?

^
no they don't, clio sport drivers driving style is a lot different to the fiesta boys.
The marority of 172/182 drivers drive like normal people do, the way they sit in the seat, where they hold the wheel etc.
Every fiesta zetec s or st driver sits in the seat with the "gangsta lean" plus they are either leaning in as if to snog the passenger or leaning the other way, so they are half out of the window.

They hold the wheel like idiots too.

172 Credit crunch edition
lol Hmmmm yeah ive had a fiesta ST from round my way let me out of a junction (in my 172 cup) (And this was in heavy fast traffic so it was obvious what he wanted to do!!) So i thought yeah why not national speed limit road i was 3 up he was on his todd absolutly mullered him he was a good 6 cars behind me.

Come to think of it i had a bit of a tussle with a friend of mines focus ST (Jaffa!!!!) and had him 1/2 a car in 1st,1 car and half in 2nd, same as i changed into 3rd then half way through he had the legs and off he went!! was impressed with my cup though as i only had it 1 day haha and his car cost him 23k

Last edited:
  Vectra :(
i got properly humped by a X reg zetec s a few months ago in my 172. from 30 ish right up to 100 and odd. it was stripped out and probably had other mods but jesus it was fast.

P.S. he drove like a normal driver. lmao @ the clio sport drivers have a better driving position comment. I know one thing for sure the seating position in the st has to be better than the clio

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I passed one with relative ease in my cup...... Must be the standard 172's wanting bhp/ton ;)

I passed one with relative ease in my cup...... Must be the standard 172's wanting bhp/ton ;)

Must be... :dapprove:

But i didn't think the cup would be much diff than full fat version performance wise standard or exhaust and filter :S

Maybe half second a the most :S

E39 M5 & Corsa track
Standard for standard the st is no match for a 172, its heavy and slow in comparison, however we have tuned a fair few now to over 200bhp, against a 172 they then are more than a match for it, they handle well out the box too.

There are a few 2.3 converted st's about now too which make things a bit more interesting!

Mazda RX8
sits in the seat with the "gangsta lean" plus they are either leaning in as if to snog the passenger or leaning the other way, so they are half out of the window.

They hold the wheel like idiots too.

Thats so true, isnt that the chav norm ...one hand on the steering wheel too :)

Not saying the ST is a bad car though but its not as quick as the the 1*2's

172 cup TT
And you think most if the Clio Sport owners don't think this?

I do though, but not in arrogance but more in a fun "you just think this is some normal 'girly clio' dont you?".. and its true, the RS can seriously embarass many other more expensive cars on the road... What fun would there be in owning for instance "oooh an uber-impreza" when you are expected to win but dont... much prefer to be the percieved underdog :)

172 cup TT
yeh, i did try to make a "dot" out of the "7" of my 172 badge so it showed 1.2 Cup on the back... Fcuked it up tho, idiot :)

2014 Focus Titanium
My GF's 172 can't pull even a car length on my mates ST, but i reckon hers is down on power for some reason (if anyone remembers my thread) and his is about 158bhp.