ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172FF - Rear Wiper Blade is it a fail ?

If my rear wiper blade is torn is it a failure in the Mot ?

As i've heard mixed replies :S

Cheers

Mégane RS
yeah should fail, pop down to halfords and get a pack of spare blades and cut it to fit then bang it in then your done, better to be safe than sorry hey

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Yes it will fail as it is supposed to be used for the clearing of the rear screen to aid visability. If the wiper and motor are still in place you must have a waiper blade that sufficently clears the screen.

My old 1.4 faild becuase of this, then they failed it a second time due to the fact that the front wiper was overlapping the screen.

Blue Sport 182
Mine didnt fail a month ago and a renault dealer mate. Just got an advisory note saying
"Rear Wiper Blade Split"

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Depending on how split it is. Think it's down to their discretion. I've passed with slightly split rear wiper.

£6.36 or so for new one part number 77 11 130 022

It won't fail as its not checked they migh advise you of it though,

Don't forget you don't need a rear wiper.

as said above the rear wiper blade will not fail the mot .

mine only cleaned half the window and i bought a new one ready for mot time , but they never tested it :eek: :eek: