ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 won't start but turns over

PH2 172
Looks like I posted in the wrong part of the forum, I didn't realise this section existed.
Copied this over from my other thread:

So the car wouldn't start last week, I had another thread in Clio discussion and it was suggested to try the battery.
Got a new battery, fitted it. Car turns on etc. absolutely fine but immobiliser light stayed on.
Called the AA and they sorted the immobiliser problem, now I have the heartbeat symbol and car still won't start.
Cranks over but nothing.
Here is a summary from the AA guy of what he did

View attachment 1345574

Anybody got any ideas?

PH2 172
I have read a lot that it could be the TDC sensor and possibly something to do with the wiring.
Isn't there a way to test it? Or clean it off I seem to remember reading

172 Cup
I have a problem with feed to coil pack too, but I have no warning lights and no blown fuses, no alarm or immobiliser issues, just seems to be intermittent no feed to coil pack.

renault clio 172
Looks like I posted in the wrong part of the forum, I didn't realise this section existed.
Copied this over from my other thread:

So the car wouldn't start last week, I had another thread in Clio discussion and it was suggested to try the battery.
Got a new battery, fitted it. Car turns on etc. absolutely fine but immobiliser light stayed on.
Called the AA and they sorted the immobiliser problem, now I have the heartbeat symbol and car still won't start.
Cranks over but nothing.
Here is a summary from the AA guy of what he did

View attachment 1345574

Anybody got any ideas?
Hi I have this problem with immobilizer light staying on and engine cranks but wont start.Did you get it fixed as I have no idea as what it is and just put it in to a garage and would not like to get ripped off.

renault clio 172
Thanks for replying I have it sorted,it was a bad kabel from the starter motor but it still cost me 70 pound to have fixed.It is about time we clio 172 owners can buy a Haynes manual for the car.

PH2 172
Yeah someone else suggested wiggling the wiring and I did but still wouldn't start. Just continually cranked and showed the heartbeat symbol

172 Cup
A wiggle won't always fix it, you might just have to fit a new sensor/the new blue sensor loom and hope it helps.
Only way to test the sensor really is with an oscilloscope if you've got one kicking about.

PH2 172
Wanted to update this in case anyone was interested of the outcome or if anybody searches in the future.
Gave up searching and got the garage to recover the car, turned out to be a broken wire in the loom.
The one for the fuel pump to be exact.

Also need a new alternator, but wether or not this is related who knows