ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Wiring Diagrams

R5 GTT
Anybody on here got a copy of the wring diagrams for the 172 I am attemtping to identify the pins on main loom plug?

R5 GTT
specifically main connector of the Engine loom and what pin does what.
For the white connector in this pic
IMG_4403.gif

R5 GTT
This a loom from a Ph1? Just looking i've only got the Ph2 diagrams.

Yeah it is a phase 1 but if you have phase 2 diagrams i suppose it is better than nothing i assume the only real diff between the 2 looms would be the TB

BMW M135i
And multiplexed wiring so it might be completely different. Where is that plug? I don't recognise it.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
We found when we were doing our conversion that finding the diagrams is next to imposible but to be hoest if you know how to drive a multimetre it's a pretty simple loom to work out. Getting ours running only took a bout 4wires and the rest were just guages and lights we had no wiring diagrams to do this we merely used the continuity tester (on the multimetre) to find the basics needed, Permanent ecu live, ingnition ecu live, cranking signal, fuel pump wire (from relay on engine loom and we have a relay map if you need it) and that should be enough to run a decoded engine.

If I remember rightly we used auto data phase 2 wiring diagrams to find the ignition and permanent live to the ecu and they were the same however little else pays any relevance.

Hope this helps. Chris and Moo

R5 GTT
We found when we were doing our conversion that finding the diagrams is next to imposible but to be hoest if you know how to drive a multimetre it's a pretty simple loom to work out. Getting ours running only took a bout 4wires and the rest were just guages and lights we had no wiring diagrams to do this we merely used the continuity tester (on the multimetre) to find the basics needed, Permanent ecu live, ingnition ecu live, cranking signal, fuel pump wire (from relay on engine loom and we have a relay map if you need it) and that should be enough to run a decoded engine.

If I remember rightly we used auto data phase 2 wiring diagrams to find the ignition and permanent live to the ecu and they were the same however little else pays any relevance.

Perfect many thanks I will give it a shot.

LY 182
buy yourself a power probe and a multimeter.,
diagrams arent worth the paper they are written on, takes a bit of head scratching but you can work pretty much anything out using those two tools

R5 GTT
Cheers matey already got a multimeter just ordered a power probe:)

buy yourself a power probe and a multimeter.,
diagrams arent worth the paper they are written on, takes a bit of head scratching but you can work pretty much anything out using those two tools

R5 GTT

Think i will take you up on the offer of the relay map:).

pm for you

Cheers James