ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Wheel Refurb Suggestions

133/225/CLS AMG
I have an Iceberg Silver Clio 172 (2003) which has the original wheels but they are currently a dark anthracite kind of colour. They're a bit kerbed, all be it just round the edges but I'm not keen on the colour. It's not terrible but I don't think it looks that great either.

Just wondered what people had done with their 172 alloys in terms of a refurb. If I was putting it on a track anytime soon I'd probably opt for a lairy colour but wondered if anyone had done anything a bit different with the finish on the OEM 172 wheels but that wasn't too crazy.

Not looking to replace the wheels but fancied something a bit different to just silver or black.

Clio 182
I've got the standard 182 alloys, in Silver. I'm going to filler in a kerb mark on one of the wheels, the rest havn't been kerbed so I'll just flat them back, starting at 600 grit, working my way down to 2400 or something fine, then just few coats of primer, 3 coats of colour and 2, maybe 3 coats of clear.

Audi A3
i had anthracite 182 wheels on my iceberg also and changed them to silver and it makes the car look so much fresher and cleaner.

maybe add speckles into a colour. so do them silver with speckles of blue to match the paintwork

133/225/CLS AMG
Thanks for the info chaps, I'm not going to do them myself but will get the rims done by the pros as I know I'd take forever doing them myself haha.

I quite fancy a really bright silver finish, one with a decent bit of metallic. I know what you mean about the grey finish, silver looks that bit fresher. :)

Clio 182
I've got the same coloured car and don't like the boring silver on the wheels. Different tastes obviously. I want mine to go Ford Sparkling Grey. It's a light anthracite colour with lots of shiney bits in it :D

133/225/CLS AMG
I like the idea of a really metallic grey rather than the grey it's currently got.

Do you have a picture of your car Pedro? I'm intrigued what Iceberg coloured wheels look like. :)