ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 turbo acutator

172 & 197 CUP
Just a quickie.. im having a custom actuator made for my gt25 turbo which is going on my 172. Does the spout for the vacuum pipe need to be on top or on the side? Or makes no difference? Thanks in advance

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Depends what manifold you are using and what turbo you are using, no one can answer without seeing your installation in terms of which would be neater packaged in your bay, but both are functionally the same.
Its more about being for boost than vacuum as well by the way. vacuum wont actually effect it.

172 & 197 CUP
Ah right i dont really understand its just a question alex at turbo dynamics asked me today... its a log manifold from andyrg and a garrett gt25 turbo...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If it's out the centre you can put a 90 on to point anyway you want at install time (or go out straight)

172 & 197 CUP
Sorted.. ordered it with the spout on top :) next question... i need to buy some hose for it to run to where ever it goes :-/ what size do i require? Also the intercooler has 2.25 inch outlets so do i go 2.25 pipework and buy reducers to suit? Thanks in advance