ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Thermostat Only get to 82 see on a run

172 Clio
My 172 only gets up to 82 degrees on a run, I'm guessing this is a little lower than normal. Viewed on dash command app for iPhone.

If sat in traffic the temp does rise higher and fans cut in so no problems with that.

I'm thinking I have a sticky thermostat.
What are your thoughts and are they easy to change?

monaco 172
Does it rev to the 7200 limiter after a good warm up or kick in at 6800?

Its a doddle to change, but you'll loose some coolant

172 cup
Very easy to change mate just 3 10mm pins sits on the water housing on the side of the head where the top hose goes in to it you'll see a housing with the 3 10mm pins . best way to check it out is get it up to temperature and check both grab both ya radiator hoses if it's not opening then there will be a big temperature difference between them as the thermostate isn't opening and allowing the coolant to flow through the radiation properly but engine must be up to temperature otherwise it won't be open anyway as it's not warm enough