ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 std suspension assembly

clio sport 172
172 std suspension assembly HELP!!

can anyone tell me whether 172 or 182 struts are different to look at. I have 172? std suspension but dont have the foam fillers fr the bottom dish, but it doesnt look like they have been there anyway as i can see spring marks on the metal?
Also, before the top plate to hold the spring goes on, is there anything else that goes in?

Any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated as i am trying to fit them as we speak!!!!

Last edited:
  Laguna sport tourer
they don't have foam fillers, well at least my 172 and my 182 I had before didn't. my dCi did have though.
Im sure the shock for a 172 and 182 are the same only the 182 cup and 172 cup struts are different

clio sport 172
cheers mate, do you know if there was anthing under the plate that holds the spring? i have looked at photos on the guides here but they are misleading :(

clio sport 172
i mean where the actual strut gets covered (plastic cover and rubber 'bump-stops') is there anything that goes on before the top plate?

Sorry to go on, but the local stealer is as much use as a choc teapot :(

Laguna sport tourer
from memory it goes:
strut, spring, top plate bearing, top mount (rubber bit with metal insert, nut. once fitted you screw the disc on the top

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
[SOUNDCLOUD][/SOUNDCLOUD]

My 172 or 182 never had these.