ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Stalling

Hey all,

Just recently my car has started stalling when at traffic lights etc. The revs try to adjust themselves then they just drop off and it stalls. Its not long had a service so is in top shape otherwise. Any ideas?

Monaco Blue 172
mine was doing this until recently.

as soon as i dropped it out of gear to approach any junction (roundabout, whatever) it would die. quite often would also stall when starting up to leave the house.

don't really know what fixed it but i did go on a very long journey up north with some prolonged high speed motorway driving, seems to have cleared its lungs!

either that or was a dodgy batch of petrol. i really don't know.

had been doing a fair few short-ish journeys which it doesnt really like. mate reckoned it was just coked up.

53 Clio's & counting
check the plug hasnt come off your idle control valve mate its positioned on the rear of your inlet just an idea as mine did that once