ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 SOUND advice

insignia

My 172 03 is totally standard.I would really like my car to sound how it shud sound. I dont want an exhaust yet,just an air filter or induction kit thats going to give my car a roar and some extra bhp. At the moment I could be a little 1 litre coz there just aint much of a tone to it, although it sounds ok when pulling away in 1st.I do love my car.

Depends what you want.. If you just want as much noise as possible get an open induction kit.. might lose you some power though, especially in hot weather.

I personally think the BMC CDA type IKs, sealed, give a nicer sound.. more subtle but deep and meatier, and you stand a chance of making a touch extra power too.

insignia

Cheers for advice mate-dont want to lose any power at all,its got to gain power but as i say something that will give it a meatier low grrrrrr.

Where are you from?

You should get to a meet and listen to some other members cars with different kits fitted..
Might have to sign up too.. hehe

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

my k&n sounds unique on my 2004 clio, it really does sound like ive got cams. although ive put the cool air feed on properly, i think it wud loose power in the heat when the cars not moving fast enough, but nothing noticeable.

top speed is certainly better tho.

I had a Green Induction kit on my old MkII 172. Used to make me Grin like a cheshire cat everytime I floored it. Not sure if I will bother on my 182 (when the bloody thing finally arrives) Dont want to risk the loss of any BHP.

insignia

I cant understand how a induction kit/air filter can make my motor sound like a Subaru?? are you shore guys does it really change the sound that much? Looks like it will have to be BMC or Viper

muffled fart type of noise - LOL but I know what you mean.

Not heard of this BMC CDA induction kit before - how much and where from?

Does fitting an IK knacker your reno warranty?