ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 shock absorber

renault clio r 172
I bought a used shock absorber from renparts for my 172 when i took of the old one there was a metal cap over the top of the rubber at the top.
The one from renparts did not have this so i went to put on the one from the old shock absorber and it wont fit over the rubber is thicker anyone know why it is different.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Front/rear? Do you mean a metal cap on the bump stop? One of the shocks is probably not a genuine Renault one, I wouldn't be surprised if your car had already had replacement shocks at least once.

I think putting used shocks on these cars is false economy when new ones cost £36 odd each from Renault Wolverhampton on here. Shock absorbers should also be replaced in axle pairs, not individually.

renault clio r 172
Front/rear? Do you mean a metal cap on the bump stop? One of the shocks is probably not a genuine Renault one, I wouldn't be surprised if your car had already had replacement shocks at least once.

I think putting used shocks on these cars is false economy when new ones cost £36 odd each from Renault Wolverhampton on here. Shock absorbers should also be replaced in axle pairs, not individually.