ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Service stuff...

I am about to get my 172 serviced and was reading the rather helpful article in the Articles sections about what to get done. My question relates too the coolant and brake fluid, why should these be replaced? I was speaking to someone and we cant work out the need to replace them?

Cheers Mat.

Its the 60K service but I have only owned the car a year and cant find any proof in the stack of stuff that I have for it of these being changed, thinking about getting it done just in case.

Mat.

matthewod said:
I am about to get my 172 serviced and was reading the rather helpful article in the Articles sections about what to get done. My question relates too the coolant and brake fluid, why should these be replaced? I was speaking to someone and we cant work out the need to replace them?

Cheers Mat.
Brake fluid becomes less effective after milage and air gets in and rusts the brakes. Coolent is the same it becomes less effective and can rust the cooling system.

Clio 172 mk2
matthewod said:

Cheers Mat.

Brake fluid and coolant reccomended change is at 24k or 4yrs...whichever comes first.