ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 rear brake bias

Currently converting my 172 to non abs. Was planning to use a cup m/c and run an internal single line to the rear brakes with an internal lever type bias valve

Has anyone had any issues with being able to reduce the rear brake effort enough with this setup?

I imagine the rear lines have compensators I haven't taken mine off yet but once you put new lines in your bias valve will work just fine :) I wouldn't advise the cheap ones as some of them don't seem to work

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
As Chris says, dont buy cheap bios valve. I have also had a lever type bios valve stop working so get a knob/dial type bios valve

@Tony Hunter

Tony hopefully you will see this. Ive read an old post of yours saying you struggled with rear bias and had to fit a cup load valve aswell?

Different car.. But a mate was having issues with his ax trackcar (very light over the back end) Even with has valve at the minimum he still easily locked up

He was using a 22mm (same size as clio) 2 port saxo vts cylinder.. With hispec ultralight 4pots and standard saxo vts rears (same as clio)

After some research he found certain volvos ..440's iirc have a m/c with a dual size piston... 23.8 front / 19 rear. He fitted one with very good results. Still had the bias valve for fine tuning.

Maybe this could be a solution

182cup & 172 racecar
We had a lever type bias valve, and couldn't shut them down enough. The rear compensating valve is now fully shut, and kept this way with a threaded bolt.
The old track car had the rear brakes actually disconnected, and that worked well.