ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 rally car build

transit van, ph2 172
hi guys i bought a ph1 172 a while back and now ive just bought a lhd ex cup car/rally shell with a few bits on it ive just started the project which is swapping all the best bits onto the ph1 respray and carry out the ph2 exterior conversion, then rally prep for road rallying/single venues, its got to be done on a small budget and as and when i can find time,
totally the wrong way of doing it but ive started with spraying the shell to make the most of the weather,
next is to tackle the front end looks like the slam pannel is differant between the ph1 and ph2 to allow for headlamps any ideas on the best way to solve this?
pics of progress soon,

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Why not just use the ph2 shell and convert that to rhd if that's the desired look your after anyway?

As for the slam panel i think you'd have to cut the top inner arch legs off and join them there but the ph2 is shorter if my memory is right.

transit van, ph2 172
That was my original plan but decided it would be easier just to swap the bit over, stuff like seat rails ate mounted to low and far back on wrong side, h/hanbtake mount pointing wrong way, has a bag tank and stand fit into floor which i dont want