ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 pulls

my mum drove my car today and recons it pulls to the right on acceleration!

I said it was torque -steer and have taken it out for a run and cannot decide if its the road as it is only realy in 1st.

its so hard to know cos of Britans imperfect roads to say Im p1ssed aint enough I cant decide.. does anybody notice any kind of pull in any direction mainly to the right!!

p

mine pulls left initially................. then right, then bloody left! ;-)

Peeps that have been in it will confirm that! lol!

Probably torque steer, although she would have to of floored it at peek torque / revs for it to happen?

Another thing could be uneaven tyre wear, or a loose wheel :O

Prolly torque steer tho, notorious on FWD cars at max output over 170hp.

cheers

Steve

Elise/VX220/R26

deffo tourque steer. Try booting it in 1st with the ESP on then with it off. If its 10 times worse with ESP off then its tourque steer, if its the same you may have a problem.

'18 Megane dci

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 29 December 2003

howd u Turn the ESP Off?!!!

Good question! Mine kicks in and starts flashing on its own even when the switch isnt on... :confused:

Elise/VX220/R26

Press the ESP switch, when the warning triangle is lit permenantly your in fun mode (ESP off) when the light flickers on and off thats the traction control kicking in