ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 phase2 or early 182

172Cup
Hi. I'm currently on the look out for a sport hot hatch which Will be my wife daily drive and my fun weekend car. The clip sport seems to tick al boxes. Ideally i have 2.5k to spend but might go a little more for the right car. What are the differences in the two? Is the power difference noticeable? Is there any common faults to look out for? A lot of reviews etc have rated the clio fantastic for a broad blast, tracks etc... But what are they like for drag racing (bit of fun every couple of months). Are the gearboxes/driveshafts strong/weak? Engines strong enough for a little more power?

Ideally we're after a titanium dark silver colour or blue.with full history/ all belts done etc...

I know this has probably been covered a million times so sorry if it has. I'm a noob and haven't found the answers when searching.
Thanks
Paul

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Get a 172 bud, the 182 will be a shed at that price.

I went to see a lot of 182's for between 3-4k and most of them were sheds.

172Cup
This what i was thinking.... But seem to.be a few on pistonheads lurking 2.5-3k.
Phase1is out as it Will mainly be my wife daily drive and she prefers the phase2 lights etc.... Me i just want a fun car lol. Creature comforts Will.be welcome too as I'm getting on a bit lol.
But what about engine gearboxes etc... Will they handle launches etc...

Its french, the gearboxes/clutch aren't the best, but theyre not bad. You wont be getting much more power out of one either, unless you spend big. If I was you i'd go for a 172, if your patient you should be able to find a really nice one for 2500. There might be a few 182's for that price but the belts wont be done and i guarentee they'll be sheds.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
THeres a racing blue on a 53 plate ( 182) kicking about on Gumtree for 3.5k

S

not a clio anymore
didn't 182's come out with less toys than the last 172's had?

I don't think so unless you go for the cup version.
The 182 will give 2 choices of suspensions.
The 172 has a spare wheel which can prove useful.

The first 3 have either been in a front end crash or had the bumper resprayed/replaced. Missing black bumper inserts.

The 182 Looks a bit chavy but might be all right. Maybe worth a look, but make sure there's proof of cam-belt replacement. Although for 2900 its not a bad price even if they weren't changed.

172Cup
The first 3 have either been in a front end crash or had the bumper resprayed/replaced. Missing black bumper inserts.

The 182 Looks a bit chavy but might be all right. Maybe worth a look, but make sure there's proof of cam-belt replacement. Although for 2900 its not a bad price even if they weren't changed.

cheers lad. I would never have noticed that. But obvious now that you say it...
Don't want to fly over to look at dogs tbh....