ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Ph2 shift light

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
I have recently purchased a Monaco Blue 51 plate, ph2 172
I have noticed it has a shift light in the dash, but I thought the shift lights were only fitted to early ph1 172's.
Is my ph2 something rare/unusual or wasI misinformed in thinking they were only on ph1's?

Cheers

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
There not shift lights there just warnings to say your ragging it so change gear ive got one in my 182 i just thought they were standard features on sports

172 ph1
I thought it was a warning about some part of the engine temperature, when you were approaching the rev limiter.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have noticed it has a shift light in the dash, but I thought the shift lights were only fitted to early ph1 172's.
Is my ph2 something rare/unusual or wasI misinformed in thinking they were only on ph1's?

Cheers

Engine warm I assume? Revs are limited to 5.7k I think until the oil temp is around 50c

BMW M135i

Cheers
Standard fit on Ph2 172 and 182.

It's a..

'This time I'l warn you with a light, next time i'l drop the box if you don't behave' light.

If it illuminates more than 3 times in 6 minutes, you have a forged Renault Sport box.

Disastra Coupe
My mate pointed this out to me. I hadn't even got high enough in the rev range to find it lol.