ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph2 brown pants moment. throttle stuck to redline

Was giving it some last night went to change into 4th and the car was bouncing off the limiter. Chrcked clutch n box n wa like wtf put it into neutral then 20 secs later i was lkke throttle must be stuck . Whaf do i do. Tapped accelerator n it went back to normal. Lucky engine dint pop. Should have realised sooner but i panicked. A quick search says this is common on a ph1 bt no mention of ph2 . How do i fix it. Dont want that to happen again. Was a national speed limmit road too wa struggling to pull over.

Thanks

Problem there is you risk, No brakes and no pas.

Brakes work without engine running, you just lose the servo assist so actually need to push the pedal a bit more forcefully. The biggest risk would be steering lock coming on I'd have thought if you panicked and turned the key too far!

Defo couldnt switch off from right hand lane of dual carriageway. Lol been giving sum welly today and not done it once. Confused.com

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Problem there is you risk, No brakes and no pas.

Not entirely true, handbrake or hard front brakes. Just don't step on them. Power steering isn't hard to turn when the engine is off just more effort.

Used to turn the car off as I rolled in to a petrol station, rolled for a good 20 meters and turned the car too. I'm not sure if keeping the ignition on helps too? Can't remember, its been a while.

clio 182 sport
Mine has done something similar a couple of times before, accelerated when I have taken my foot of the throttle, like blipping but I dunno why??

it hasnt done it again since and ive done over 50miles hard driving, it could be the matt tbh as it does slide a bit from time to time.. and thanks for that , didnt know ud still have breaks and steering if u leave it in gear. will remmeber that in future.

Happened to me at Bedford on the back straight. Pedal got slightly stuck under the matt. So I'd take a guess and say it was the same with yours.

Have taken them out since then.

pretty sure it was same, noticed the silver or ally accelerator pedal cover thing is a bit lose so gap between it, reckon could have got caught there

Clio Sport 172
I think this is a problem with power to the electronic throttle body. Mine would occasionally stick at a certain throttle opening, usually around 2000-2500rpm. The light on the dash that indicates an electrical problem lit up, but no codes were stored in the ecm. After wobbling the connector around on the TBH it hasn't come back, although the connector looks OK and clean inside.