ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Ph1 - Worm gear in CD Changer

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I'm fed up with taking the CD changer out and taking it all apart to put the worm gear drive back into the right position (that's what stops the CDs from loading up, easy fix but mine must be worn to much after 15 years of use. So is there a direct replacement 6 CD changer I can buy - common plugs etc and I can then chuck the worn out box of crap in the bin?

Thanks

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Anyone know? If I buy another CD changer is it likely that the plug will be a different fit?

Listerine & Poledo
Not that I can see, other than just getting one from a breakers, but then you may not be any better off.

Have you considred maybe replacing the changer altogether, for an aux-in, or similar?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Thanks. I'll fix it again for the last time and then if it breaks I'll get a replacement (plus an MP3 etc connection would be quite useful).