ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Ph1, 2 and 182 subframe difference?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
There's quite a lot of info in the search function.
I know the wishbone bolt holes on the cup subframe sit further out giving a wider track.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
There's quite a lot of info in the search function.
I know the wishbone bolt holes on the cup subframe sit further out giving a wider track.

Pretty sure the wider track is from the wheels having lower ET and nothing to do with subframe or wishbones.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
They are further out than a phase 1 subframe.

Last edited:
  Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Been covered. The Cup subframes wishbone hole position, wishbone balljoint position, and wheel offset were all different from the other 172's out the factory. As far as I knew the 182 cup and full fat shared the 172 cups setup but I don't know about a normal 182.

Only reason I want to know is, I fitted a ph1 subframe to my ph2, and ever since I've had a driveshaft knock when cornering, lined the engine mounts up best I could and it made it better but it's not gone away! It wasn't there before and the only thing that was changed was the subframe. I've bought a proper ph2 one now so I'll get that fitted and hopefully sort the problem out.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ph1 21mm land on wishbone mounts, Ph2 16mm, cup 11mm.

Cup shafts are the same length as the normal ph2 shafts but are one piece instead of equal length. Ph1 are 20mm shorter and one piece.

Tie rods are different too, cup ones are 15mm longer, all the others are the same.

Cup wishbones have extra caster although Renault don't sell the non-cup ones anymore. You can modify the hole positions for even more caster too.

Ph1 21mm land on wishbone mounts, Ph2 16mm,

Ph1 are 20mm shorter and one piece.
Thank you! So this is why I'll more than likely be getting the driveshaft knocking under cornering?

I'll be fitting the ph2 subframe sometime next week so I'll let you all know if it fixes it. Thanks for all the help y'all!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it'll be bottoming out.

May as well fit a cup one, you'll get a little more camber from it as the holes sit further out.