ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 - P0120 Code, Toxic Fumes Warning Light and holding at 2000rpm!

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Alright lads

I've recently started having this problem on a morning. Whenever I go out on a cold morning and start my car (starts straightaway like normal) it is now just holding at 2000rpm and won't let me accelerate whatsoever.

Once it has been on around 2-3 mins, a couple of turn off and ons gets it back to normal? The Toxic Fumes Warning Light has also come on and the P0120 code is appearing on the fault reader.

The light went out over the weekend but returned this morning with the 2000rpm problem (it was warmer over the weekend and doesnt seem to do it when warm).

Can anyone help whatsoever. I have searched many of the threads but a lot of them are unsuccesful or focus on something that is not quite my exact problem.

Bit of a ballache but im hoping to get it sorted before it gets even colder! Apart from this the 172 has been absolutely immense since the day I bought it 8 months ago.

Thanks lads :cool:

BMW 330CI M SPORT
I know what the problem is as I have a fault reader (as mentioned...). I didnt ask what the code meant.

I want to know how to fix all the problems.