ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 oil consumption worries

Clio Sport 172
Hello all, I am new to the Renault scene. I have recently purchased a 02 plate 172 with 74,000 on the clock. I am worried about the oil consumption I am currently experiencing. Its using 1 litre every 300 miles, I know some engines do use a little oil but i think this is too much. I have noticed its smoking from cold in the mornings, and it does look like there is a blue tinge to it. There is no oil leaks. IfI leave it to idle and get warm, it stops smoking and once I pull away there is a puff of smoke and it eventually clears its self. I have noticed that there is a couple tiny spits of oil on the drive when i rev the engine from cold coming from the exhaust. I have become attached to this car and really hope whatever the problem is, it can be sorted. Please help with any of your expert advise???

Many Thanks

Darren