ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Not starting

Hi all,

I literally just started my car up at work with absolutely no issues, drove it home and went inside for 5 minutes.
When I came back out the car wouldn't start, it would try to start but that was it.

Lately I've had an issue where I couldn't go above 3-4k rpm without my car jerking but we changed some spark plugs and that put it up to about 6k before it jerked. Could this be related?

It's been lowered 40mm and on the way home I stupidly went over a bump I normally avoid with a scrape to the bottom of the car, could this have any effect on why it's not starting?

Thanks for your help!

Sean

Update:

My imobilliser stays solid red when I turn the car over. Renault are telling me it will be my key but I've read on here solid red is when the car is trying to pull data and can't or something and that it's a wire loom fault?
Any suggestions on how to repair this.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Look for breaks in the wiring, specifically in the loom sections near the ECU as the CanBus twisted pair are prone to brekaing in this area.

A decent diagnostic session will help though as it narrows down what to look for. If you have access to CLIP Diagnostics that gives an even better idea as it gives a general wiring infrastructure layout and shows which areas are (roughly) okay/fault free.

Mick