ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 nice and quiet,lol.

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
Let the other half use the 172 to go to work this morning, she has a dci Clio 54 plate just now, anyway I sent her a text once she arrived at work to see how she found it, this was the response
"It moves away a lot quicker and more powerful and it's nice and quiet. Couldn't tell if i was in the right gear lol"
I was happy with what she said except the "quiet" bit,lol!
It's got the standard exhaust (which I know isn't the loudest), but I doubt she ever went over 3000 revs?! :)

I'd just never thought the 172 as a "quiet" car?

Black Clio GT
standard exhaust/airbox set up are pretty quiet until about 5k..

im my world she is saying it should be louder so get a yozza and decat on it lol

When I first got my Cup I thought it was quiet loud for standard compared to other cars I had owned.

At least she can't moan if you make it louder! Or she may make you buy a Diesel.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I agree; the cup seems a little louder, but maybe that was just the s**t pattern exhaust that was on mine when I bought it! :clown: lol

The 172 has less sound proofing, so they do seem louder IMO.

I've got a maxogen and K-tec cat back SS system, so nothing silly and it's sooooo much louder than my sisters standard 182.

Im sure you've hear the dci when your in it. Sounds like a tractor.

My mates got a dci and when he get in my car he can never tell if its turned on or not.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Took some random bird to the chippie from work and she commented on how quiet and smooth the ride was in my 182, i was like eerrr.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Quiet is lovely, trust me, I've done 950 miles in a LOUD clio, and just got back from 715 miles in a pretty quiet one, is bloody lovely. Induction noise is way better than exhaust drone, and can be only upon demand!

Oh and Rollo, classy ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol wasn't a date, was genuinly just to get chips.

I love induction noise.

I quite like my 172 quiet! The last thing i would want to do is make it loud or raspy. Yak.

I consider mine pretty quiet and i like it :D

clio 172/Fabia vRS
Induction kit + Ktec stealth(with a bit of a hole somewhere in the middle) = p***ed off girlfriend on a drive to Devon. My old car has given 3 people migraines sat in the back complaining of the drone. I loved it :)

My new derv is quiet, solid and boring. No sense of occasion or urgency.

TTRS & V50
Took my Ktec Stealth off yesterday and put the standard system on, and yes it is quiet. f**king peace at last. Ktec 'STEALTH', pah behave, glad to see the back of that s**t.

120d M-Sport
Starting to wish mine was quiet, starting the thing at 6am with a Decat and Twin 3.5 Magnex exhaust isnt what i'd call peace! I see 2 172s drive past work every other day and there so quiet! :dapprove:

Westy. MX5
Never ask a woman what she thinks of your car, it will always be some comment that you had not expected.

Westy. MX5
My wifes only comment after driving the Cup for the first time was---" The wiper control arm is fitted upside down"