ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 mtec brakes and abs ring problem

Clio RS 172
Just having some mtec drilled and groved discs and pads fitted to my 02 172. The mechanic says the abs ring is loose and won't fit correctly, anyone else had this problem?

cheers

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Is nothing to do with the disc, they are mounted on the driveshaft/CV. Mine cracked and fell loose so swapped it when I replaced my shocks. Got it for a pound or 2 from ebay, just tapped it in place with a hammer and drift.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Just having some mtec drilled and groved discs and pads fitted to my 02 172. The mechanic says the abs ring is loose and won't fit correctly, anyone else had this problem?

cheers

Rears? If so then a drop of loctite and if its the fronts then yes its on the CV.

Could be replaced or loctite it back on.

Clio RS 172
Spoke to mtec, think there's a couple of types of disc so they may have to send me another pair for the rear