ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 mkII vs 206 GTi 180

I had a 206 gti before my 172 and i raced a good few 180s in my 206, and they werent that much quicker. I would guarentee that it would be dead even between a 180 and my 172 up to 4000rpm in 1st and then the 180 would be watching my ass. Pile of old rubbish imo.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

How good the clio is! Pah! Mine is pissing me off! Problem after problem! And the dealers are good a peugeot so tempted lol

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

never ever seen a pug 180 there rarer than rocking horse sh*t(or they are just plain tripe)

Remapped derv Golf

Ive only seen one once I it was driven by a women. She didnt wanna play.

Peugeot dealers are complete crap btw!

i was thinking about getting a gti 180 but read a few reviews and most of them didnt like the seating position and said the steering was "vague". Had a test drive in one and thought the reviews were a load of b****cks, however that was until i drove a 2 year old 172, felt a lot tighter and a hell of a lot quicker, even though the clio was 2 year old and the 180 gti was nearly new.

BTW 206s are chicks cars

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 26 October 2004

Sorry to to agree, i had a few probs with my car when i had a peugeot, booked it up no probs, they called me twice to keep me updated and to ask to do things to my little pug..... Top service, Renault though, didnt call, did 50 miles in my car and never fixed the faults!!! Not one phone call or anything, still waiting for my key after 3 weeks!!!!!

Pick of the draw with dealers, the 1 in donny is sh!t though, every time ive been there people have been queing up to complain!

LY 200

In my opinion the 180s look fcukin gorgeous and for that reason I would consider one and like one of the above posters said thery are rarer than rare!!!

But then I have been accused of being part of the "my car looks wicked and bling brigade" this week so what do I know!!Lol

the 180s do look f***ing badass.....i just saw one at a car show and its pretty agressive.....very nice 17s come standard and i didnt see a problem with the seating position, it felt much better than in the 172 which isnt great...and they do have 180 hp so they shouldnt be that much slower than the clio.....the 172 drives sooo f***ing nice though

The 206s may look feminine but perhaps the cockpit of a clio isnt the best place to say such a thing;)

180s are incredibly rare though but only because no one wants one when for same money they can have a proper hot hatch!

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 26 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 26 October 2004

Sorry to to agree, i had a few probs with my car when i had a peugeot, booked it up no probs, they called me twice to keep me updated and to ask to do things to my little pug..... Top service, Renault though, didnt call, did 50 miles in my car and never fixed the faults!!! Not one phone call or anything, still waiting for my key after 3 weeks!!!!!
Like always it depends on the dealer in question. Warwick Wright in Croydon are complete sh*te!

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 26 October 2004

The 206s may look feminine but perhaps the cockpit of a clio isnt the best place to say such a thing;)

180s are incredibly rare though but only because no one wants one when for same money they can have a proper hot hatch!
Yeah Ive always thought the 180 to be a tad over priced. £12.5k or something wouldnt be to bad.

all french car dealers are crap! No sorry all car dealers are crap. I would go with the Clio, they are much better value for money.

Pug 180s are quite quick, and it would be even between a 172 and 180 in my opinion - however a cup would be a different matter. 180 is a nice car especially in interior, but is aimed at different buyer - more grown up, Pug have missed the boat in my opinion by 3 years.

Cup 172

Im sure Autocar tested the 172 CUP against the 180 and concluded that if the 206 was putting out 180 BHP then the CUP had 200!

Both 206s and Clios are b**ch wheels, but I prefer the Clio, as the 206 looks like a Halfords special, with that tat filler cap. You dont see too many 206 180s because they cost too much and dont deliver like they should, and everyone knows it!

LOL, I think in a Girls Car contest itd be neck and neck between a Clio and 206.

The missus had the old 206Gti, the 130bhp version and although nicer inside than the Clio it had a crashy ride and the gear box was like stirring porridge.

They say that the 180 has been fettled in the suspension area and the performance figures are similar to the Clio but Ive never driven one. Ade is right tho, Peugout just look like they are playing catch up.