ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 MK2 with 182 wheels

Hi Guys,

Anyone here have pics of a 172 MK2 with 182 wheels either in normal silver or Antracite colour.

Thinking about getting them for my 172 MK2.

My car is silver in colour.

Cheers,
Kenn.

Hi Mattie,

Thanks for the pic. Do you think the normal silver 182 wheels looks better or the anthracite color? Also with the 205/45/16 tyres, does it affect the speedo reading compared to stock wheels? 195/45/16. Although mine is 195/50/15.

Will i notice the car being slower as these are 16" and my stock were 15".

ps. do you have more pics?:)

Cheers,

Kenn.

[Edited by k3nnis on 05 September 2005 at 11:15am]

Hi Clio172,

Thanks for the pic. Do you have more pics! I wanna see them all heheh.

Any closeups?:)

By the way when i order the clio 182 anthracite wheels from renault do i need to get centre caps too or do they come with it? If not what is the part number for the centre cap for the anthracite?

p.s. did you notice any slowdown from changing stock to the new 182 cup wheels?

Cheers,
Kenn.

slam some spacers on it, 182cup wheels are about 3mm further in in terms of offset than standard phase2 172 wheels.

Thanks for the pics. The anthracite do look great on the silver clio:)

Now the stock 182 cup wheels(anthracite) are 3mm more to the inside than stock 172 MK2. So you mean it will rub if i dont put spacers?

Cheers,

Kenn.

Hi Clio172,

Thanks for the info. Let me see if i got this right. Stock Clio 172 MK2 has offset of 48mm, while Stock Clio 182 Cup Wheels(Anthracite) has offset of 45mm.

So if i got the 182 cup wheels it would be to the outside more, not going in?

p.s. if i lower 30mm or so , it wont rub?

Cheers,

Kenn.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..stock mk2 is ET48.5, 182 cup wheels are ET45 so yes they would "be to the outside more". as for lowering and not having probs i am undecided still, as somebody has yet to give me solid evidence on correct offset & lowering with 205/45.

Hi Haitch,

What clio do you have? Also if its "to the outside more" is that better? Than having it "to the inside more". I have no idea what the pros and cons are.

Cheers,
Kenn.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..full fat 172, prob not the best person to ask as im having an offset crisis of my own (eg what offset to have with 205/45 and lowered 40-50mm) but basically if the wheels sit further out your car will have a slightly wider track(stance eg), but were talking mm so the average jo wont notice, but its crucial to get the right offset if you are lowering as many ppl on here have discovered to their cost the annoying rubbing sound as you realise your world has fallen apart :mad:

Hi Clio172,

Do you have close up pics of your clio 172MK2? That close up looks like a 182 as it has the twin exhaust tips?

Do you find the car is slower with the 182 cup wheels?

Cheers,
Kenn.

Quote: Originally posted by cli0 172 on 06 September 2005

my car is lowered on Eibach Sportlines & get no rubbing with 182 cup wheels on

That wasnt what i was asking. Has anyone looked at the ET number on their wheels? If i still had my 172 i would do. It may not rub but theres no benefit from narrowing the track.

Hi Loony,

I checked on an australian Renaults Clio Sports forum and the ET for a stock non cup 172 MK2 is 48mm. So if that is correct then if i got the 182 cup wheels(ET45) then my track would be wider?

ps. we australians get the 15" stock rims (195/50/15) for the 172 MK2, design is the same as UK but you guys get 16" versions.

Cheers,
Kenn.

Yup if thats the case it means the track will be 3MM wider each side so an increase of 6MM in total.

I think there are several countries that get the 15" on the RS phase two rather than the 16" we get in the UK. Seems mainly countrys with poor roads.

Hi Loony,

I see. What advantage do i get with a wider track? And also is there any disadvantage?

By the way do you think i can notice my acceleration to be slower with 16" 182 cup wheels on my 172?

Cheers,
Kenn.

Advantage of the wider track are better handling characteristics.

The jump from 15 to 16 shouldnt make a noticeable difference in acceleration IMO. You will probably find it "hooks up" better in the dry with 16s and 205 tyres rather than the 15s and 195s.

Hi Loony,

Thanks for the info. Yeah hopefully i wont notice any slowdown from 15" going to 16". I was thinking to get superlegerras 16X7 but damn they are expensive. The 182 cup wheels are A$200+ cheaper than the superlegerras each. So with that money i can get tyres:)

Oh which tyres should i get in 205/45/16? I wanted the Good year Eagle F1s GSD3 but they are not available in that size in australia. I want a good all around tyre like the F1s, Toyo T1R? The Exaltos cost a fortune.

Cheers,
Kenn.

One more thing, since the 182 cup wheels are for the cup 182, do you think it will go well with a stock 172 mk2? ie. for its suspension etc or it dont matter?

Cheers,
Kenn.

if it gets wet where you are avoid toyos theyre sh*t in anything but the dry. If its bone dry most of the time then either yokos or toyos will be fine if youre sticking to a budget.

Thanks for the replies guys. I heard the toyo T1R is good in the wet? As they improve upon the older T1S?

Cheers,
Kenn.