ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 MK2 Rear Wheel Bearing size?

Anyone has the size? really need it in urgent as my car still very noisy after changed the front one (it was hard to tell, never thought the rear one worn so fast!!)

I am going to buy the SKF one.
My friend used VKBA 869 before. I searched on web and the part number from SKF is VKBA 969?? Which one should I trust??

Are you just going to replace the bearing?

I had mine done recently. The NSR was on its way out so I purchased them direct from Renault for £133, which included a pair of rear wheel bearings, a pair of rear discs and a pair of pads. The discs/bearings are one complete unit.

Yes, I am going to replace both sides. I did it before about 2 yrs ago. I only need the bearing.

But my problem is the size? Strange that it shown VKBA 969 on the SKF site. But my friend's one is VKBA 869. I have the VKBA 969 with me but the size doesn't not match the size marked on my friend's VKBA 869's box (108x40x99).

I actually have the old one, but my friend took it.

The VKBA 969 is at approx. ID 26mm x OD 52mm x W 36mm.

Well, seems the size on the VKBA 869 box is hugh!!

Why don't you give Renault a call asking for the part number (or size) in providing them with your reg/chassis no.?

Reno is my country cost very high. I rarely buy stuffs from them.

Anyway, I called a local bearing shop and ask the size for the VKBA 869. Found the size for rear bearing. You can basically tell them the size and they can tell u what brand is available. Same brand can have different number as well. The guy said new number to replace the VKBA 869 is 3525.

So, Clio 172 rear bearing size is: ID25 x OD52 x W37

Same as VKBA969!! Good!