ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 mk1 clutch

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Does anyone else find their mk1 172 clutch to be quite heavy, and when engaging there isnt much slip and the revs drop quickly unless you give it a little more gas.

on a slightly different note but kinda related... @ low rpm (500 - 1500) there is a rattling near the back of the car, is this the exhaust? Is it normal?

Silver Fabia vRS

Agree the clutch on my MK2 is exactly the same; revs drop a lot if you dont keep them high enough.

Cant help with the other question.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Thanks Geoff.

Im just trying to figure out all the problems on the car before my 1 month 3000km warrenty runs out.

Will still have the remainder of the Renault Warrenty but would rather get the dealer I bought the car from to sort out problems. So far they have agreed to replace a non functioning spot. Not sure if they have to replace the whole thing or just replace a bulb

clutches arent the 172s strong point..........they burn with heavy use and wear fast.

plus, feel aint too great either, well, neither is teh clutch pedal position and arc.........oops, sounds like im complaining!