ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 - mk1 and mk2 offsets

What are the offsets on the mk1 and mk2 172?

I've bought some standard 16" alloys from a mk2 172 which i planned to fit onto my mk1 172, do i need spacers or anything? I'd assumed they were the same, but have been told they may not be.

Cheers

So ideally i should fit some 5mm spacers to keep everything spot on??

Or am i looking at the numbers the wrong way round?(ie the mk2 wheels are already going to stick out too far?) Sorry if this has been covered before (which i'd imagine it has), but couldn't find anything definate after searching

Megane225FF
no, your looking at it the right way.. the mk2 172 et48 wheels sit in the arch 5mm more on each side than the original mk1's et43. If you dont put spacers on, you'll narrow the track by 10mm.. but IMO I wouldn't put spacers on.. its your choice though..

Megane225FF
theduckeatspork said:
whats the off set of a none rs mk2 ph1 then??
good question !! If anyone knows maybe a mod could put it in the articles section with the rest of these??

hmmm.. was thinking of swapping couple of my wheels round to get poorest condition tyres on the back, so will have a look if i ever get round to it.

theduckeatspork said:
hmmm.. was thinking of swapping couple of my wheels round to get poorest condition tyres on the back, so will have a look if i ever get round to it.
Don't do this ever the CLios bad enough with rear end grip don't give it any more ideas to swop ends.
Take it from someone who knows