ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 misfire - dual mode intake solenoid valve?

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all.

I've had a misfire in my 172 for a few weeks now. However it is not the usual misfire for a 1*2 where it misfires and loses power when accelerating. This misfire is when travelling slowly in traffic under 10mph where it is very jumpy, and when travelling at a constant speed where it feels like the engine is struggling.

I've replaced the plugs, leads and coil pack as per usual but it is still occurring. There is no engine management light present which, in my opinion, rules out a lambda sensor fault. The injectors are another thing that I could think of.

However when plugged into CLIP it shows up with a dual mode intake solenoid valve fault. I've never heard of this before. Has anyone else and could they shed some light on it? Could it cause my problem? Thanks.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Acoustic valve was taken out of my car 2 and half years ago and the problem only started happening about a month or so ago.

Megane dci 130
I'm saying the fault code is the acoustic valve. Shouldn't effect the running of the car

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right!

​Back to square one then. Surely something wrong with the injectors or the lambda sensor would throw up a fault code? Going to have a look at the throttle body on Saturday and give that a clean.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ahahahaaa thats a good one. No, unless they're completely fekked or are showing an open circuit they don't always trigger a code on this generation ecu.

As above, 100% not the by-mode valve causing your fault.

Clio 197 + clio 172
Hi mate did u solve this problem coz mine doing the same. Kinda stuttering when held at a constant speed.