ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 is going............

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

And a 182 in its place sometime in the next few months.

Delivery time is quoted as july at the moment :(

So next choice before ordering is.... colour.

Artic blue
Black Gold
Titanium Silver

It will be a 182 with Cup Spoilers and Cup suspension.

Also, Ive been offered 9,700 as a part ex on my 01/03/03
flame red 172 with 16k on teh clock if I give them the car now. Is that a good price?

Decisions Decisions, I want to order ASAP :D

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

price seems bout rite mate.

Im seriously considerin the same wi my oct 53 172!! need to drive a run in 1 first i think

How much they giving you off the 182? Personally I cant see why you would swap a 172 (especially that colour) for a 182 (if your getting it at the piss take F & F price go for it tho) If your into modding just spend 1k on mods:

£300 - Magnex
R Sport ECU - £240
Panel Filter - £30
De-cat - £100

Plus £330 for suspension mods.

Remove the spare wheel and I guaratee that your 172 will beat a 182 on the 1/4 mile.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Im getting a "piss take" f/f discount so its not costing a great deal to change.

Ill take the viper with me, and remove the splitter and zorst (sell seperately)

If your getting it at the extract piss from Renault customers price go for it m8! If you can get a pretty good price for exhaust/splitter it will cost you sweeties to change your car.

Its different in your situation tho, if you were paying the normal going rate it would have made much more sense to mod the 172. But as you say at the "P & T" price it would be rude not to get one! :)

Mercedes SLK350

I got £10,700 for my April 2002, 18,000 mile, iceberg 172 against an Arctic Blue 182 with spoiler and sport packs. That means my car plus £4675. I did not have to hand over my car when I ordered last week. My delivery date is 22nd June I hand over then. My p/x price probably represents a discount of £2200. You got to haggle.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Gah, been sat here thinking about colours and which to go for.......

Which bloody colour? if only they did a 182 in Flame Red!

Ford Fiesta

you can only get the stripes with the racing blue, arctic blue is the one similar to the 172 cup.

Unless you really like cleaning your car everyweek or can live with a dirty car (like I can) then dont bother with black.

Black makes it look like youve been driving thought a field after a few miles

But does look good when you have cleaned and polished it which makes you feel good about putting the effort in. A car which never looks dirty doesnt make you feel as good after washing it so you wash it less.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 11 May 2004

Black makes it look like youve been driving thought a field after a few miles

But does look good when you have cleaned and polished it which makes you feel good about putting the effort in. A car which never looks dirty doesnt make you feel as good after washing it so you wash it less.

When you have polished a black car, it always looks so much shinier than any other colour - silver never looks much different - it just looks like metal to me!