ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Intermittant Starting

Polo GTi
Right got a problem where by the car first thing in a morning starts a treat no worries. Get to work leave it till lunch, drive to tesco about 5 mins away, get back and the car just turns over but wont catch.

AA man reckon its the Crank Sensor so I cleaned that last night and while I was at it, cleaned the termianals and connectors on the battery.

Anywho AA man reckons it wont bump if its the crank sensor, but when its playing up I am able to bump it so does that dismiss this?

Stil no joy, any more ideas folks?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
correct same thing, i would say TDC sensor as well but the older ones are more reliable, could be a wiring issue

Polo GTi
Yeah its the Cup dont have problems like this with the Williams ;)

Cheers boys I'll let you know how I get on

The "no" bump if its the TDC thing AA man said, load of s**t then?

TDC sensors are common as muck for it mate, the latest ones have a blue connector and also a new plug and wiring which u have to cut/crimp on as they also have problems with the connection on the TDC sensor!

they work fine from cold but mainly play up when warm/hot untill its dead as a dodo!

Polo GTi
TDC sensors are common as muck for it mate, the latest ones have a blue connector and also a new plug and wiring which u have to cut/crimp on as they also have problems with the connection on the TDC sensor!

they work fine from cold but mainly play up when warm/hot untill its dead as a dodo!

Thats the puppy, gets warm = gets s**t, although sometimes it can catch but more often than not ill be bumping the bugger, piece of french crap

I'll get it changed tomorrow.

Cant wait to get the Williams MOT'd so I can have a reliable car to get to work :hail:

Cheers again boyos!

cheers.jpg