ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Indicator problem

Clio 197 R26
Hey all!
Ok ive just bought a 172 after parting with my 182 some weeks ago and realising what a mistake I made! however on the return home I realised the indicators aren't working, soooo had a look around and the fuse had been pulled, replaced the fuse but still nothing, another look around revealed that the bulbs on the passenger side (N/S left) had been taken out completely??? so off I went to buy 2 x staggered bulbs for the indicators, ripped off at halfrauds but still, got the bulbs!
On fitting it became apparent why they had been pulled, they don't go off! at all, you cant cancel them even when pressing the switch to right, hazards work ok but as soon as you switch hazards off left indy stays on, now I know these cars have UCH problems, in fact it's sat at the side of me now! but im not convinced its the UCH, could it be the indy stalk? however if I unplug the stalk the indicator keeps going?

Help and advice needed please!

Clio 197 R26
Sorted, it was the UCH (feckin things) however in the process of elimination there is a by pass option which is fairly simple! alas I also think that if one CAP goes in the the UCH for one problem it will also go for another very soon so probably best just to bite the bullet and send it to Tachosoft!

So thank you Tachosoft http://www.tachosoft-uk.com/